So long

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
fern
Posts: 8755
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Re: So long

Post by fern » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Dear Matt:
Don't even think in suicide. Remember that it is an act that involves not only you but all the people that loves you or needs you. To think in that is normal I believe, almost everybody here probably has thought of doing that in one moment or another, is just part of our condition, but then after thinking on it, reject the idea. It is one of those ideas that by its own nature does not let fix it after...
Your mother need you more than ever, to begin with. And remember that no matter how bad thing can be in some moment of the time, everything change rapidly and completely-

Sheer up, boy

Fern

User avatar
geots
Posts: 4790
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:42 pm

Re: So long

Post by geots » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 am

ZirconiumX wrote:I am no longer going to be an active member until at least the end of the year, probably until the end of next year.

I have two main reasons:
  • Family issues. Mum has recently been diagnosed with cancer in her right hip, and this comes on top of her having surgery to replace her left knee joint, which was claimed by cancer in 2001. I have also been struggling with depression recently, to the extent where I have attempted to commit suicide several times. This has made me more than a bit ratty, leading to
  • Forum issues. Several people have declared that they no longer wish to support me, though I have yet to know the reasons why other than 'their patience has run out'. I wish that these people would tell me their reasons, harsh or not, so I can improve my forum behaviour.
  • But generally, this forum is not a nice place to visit. I can see why Anthony Cozzie quit, why Marek gave up on Sting: because people here are obsessed with Elo. They run games and are interested in the results, not the games themselves. There are, however nice people here, I openly compliment Sven Schüle for being harsh, but kind.
Well, farewell.

Matthew:out





Matt, I really wish you would PM me and let's talk a bit.


Best,

george

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: So long

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

fern wrote:Dear Matt:
Don't even think in suicide. Remember that it is an act that involves not only you but all the people that loves you or needs you. To think in that is normal I believe, almost everybody here probably has thought of doing that in one moment or another, is just part of our condition, but then after thinking on it, reject the idea. It is one of those ideas that by its own nature does not let fix it after...
Your mother need you more than ever, to begin with. And remember that no matter how bad thing can be in some moment of the time, everything change rapidly and completely-

Sheer up, boy

Fern
Beautiful wording Fern :)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

ZirconiumX
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14 am

Re: So long

Post by ZirconiumX » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Thank you all for what you have said. I will bookmark this page in case I ever feel gloomy.

Alright, that's enough of me.

I've had Tao poems from Mike Libanan, who has also said he will pray for me.

I have also had Don Dailey, George Speight and Sven Schüle all make themselves available for talking to, which I think is incredibly kind and selfless of them.

I still feel worried about mum, though. She has already had cancer twice, including a rare one (osteoporosis - I hope I've spelt it correctly) which has left her disabled, and hugely reduced her 'quality of life' as she calls it. I have heard all the stories of what happened at the time, luckily I was only 1 at the time, so I don't remember it first hand.

This, though, this is different. This will leave a mental scar of what happened, and if it is half as bad as what it was like last time, I shall find that, and all my psycological burdens hard to carry. But I will try. It is all I can do.

I am still looking around, though. If you want to email me for support, my email address is matthew<dot>r<dot>brades<at>googlemail<dot>com.

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: So long

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:46 pm

ZirconiumX wrote:Thank you all for what you have said. I will bookmark this page in case I ever feel gloomy.

Alright, that's enough of me.

I've had Tao poems from Mike Libanan, who has also said he will pray for me.

I have also had Don Dailey, George Speight and Sven Schüle all make themselves available for talking to, which I think is incredibly kind and selfless of them.

I still feel worried about mum, though. She has already had cancer twice, including a rare one (osteoporosis - I hope I've spelt it correctly) which has left her disabled, and hugely reduced her 'quality of life' as she calls it. I have heard all the stories of what happened at the time, luckily I was only 1 at the time, so I don't remember it first hand.

This, though, this is different. This will leave a mental scar of what happened, and if it is half as bad as what it was like last time, I shall find that, and all my psycological burdens hard to carry. But I will try. It is all I can do.

I am still looking around, though. If you want to email me for support, my email address is matthew<dot>r<dot>brades<at>googlemail<dot>com.

Matthew:out
Osteoporosis is not a cancer Matthew....

I hope you don't mean Osteosarcoma :!: :?:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

ZirconiumX
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14 am

Re: So long

Post by ZirconiumX » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 am

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ZirconiumX wrote:Thank you all for what you have said. I will bookmark this page in case I ever feel gloomy.

Alright, that's enough of me.

I've had Tao poems from Mike Libanan, who has also said he will pray for me.

I have also had Don Dailey, George Speight and Sven Schüle all make themselves available for talking to, which I think is incredibly kind and selfless of them.

I still feel worried about mum, though. She has already had cancer twice, including a rare one (osteoporosis - I hope I've spelt it correctly) which has left her disabled, and hugely reduced her 'quality of life' as she calls it. I have heard all the stories of what happened at the time, luckily I was only 1 at the time, so I don't remember it first hand.

This, though, this is different. This will leave a mental scar of what happened, and if it is half as bad as what it was like last time, I shall find that, and all my psycological burdens hard to carry. But I will try. It is all I can do.

I am still looking around, though. If you want to email me for support, my email address is matthew<dot>r<dot>brades<at>googlemail<dot>com.

Matthew:out
Osteoporosis is not a cancer Matthew....

I hope you don't mean Osteosarcoma :!: :?:
Dr.D
That's the one I meant. Osteosarcoma.

I could remember it began with Osteo-, but Osteoporosis was the firsr one that came to mind.

Thank you Dr. D!

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: So long

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:46 pm

ZirconiumX wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
ZirconiumX wrote:Thank you all for what you have said. I will bookmark this page in case I ever feel gloomy.

Alright, that's enough of me.

I've had Tao poems from Mike Libanan, who has also said he will pray for me.

I have also had Don Dailey, George Speight and Sven Schüle all make themselves available for talking to, which I think is incredibly kind and selfless of them.

I still feel worried about mum, though. She has already had cancer twice, including a rare one (osteoporosis - I hope I've spelt it correctly) which has left her disabled, and hugely reduced her 'quality of life' as she calls it. I have heard all the stories of what happened at the time, luckily I was only 1 at the time, so I don't remember it first hand.

This, though, this is different. This will leave a mental scar of what happened, and if it is half as bad as what it was like last time, I shall find that, and all my psycological burdens hard to carry. But I will try. It is all I can do.

I am still looking around, though. If you want to email me for support, my email address is matthew<dot>r<dot>brades<at>googlemail<dot>com.

Matthew:out
Osteoporosis is not a cancer Matthew....

I hope you don't mean Osteosarcoma :!: :?:
Dr.D
That's the one I meant. Osteosarcoma.

I could remember it began with Osteo-, but Osteoporosis was the firsr one that came to mind.

Thank you Dr. D!

Matthew:out
All the best to you and your family....

I hope things sort out in a good way for you :)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

Post Reply