strenght of Houdini 3 at chess960

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MM

strenght of Houdini 3 at chess960

Post by MM »

Hi all,

i mailed this morning Mr Houdart to ask him, apologizing for a possible disturb in this period of Houdini 3 sales, if it was possible to know the results in testing at chess960 of Houdini 3, because it is (chess960) a field hardly worked by testers ; i don't think it can take a huge amount of time to answer, anyway, i didn't get any answer.

About 1 hour ago i sent him a private message in here in which i asked him if he had received my mail and i explained again my interests for his tests at chess960. No answer again.

In the middle i saw he found the time to write several articles in here .

Here we say that ''ask is legitimate, answer is a courtesy''.

What to think?

Best Regards
MM
Modern Times

Re: strenght of Houdini 3 at chess960

Post by Modern Times »

I'd say give him more time, he is probably incredibly busy.
MM

Post by MM »

Modern Times wrote:I'd say give him more time, he is probably incredibly busy.
Thank you Ray, i'll wait, if you have some results of H3 at chess960 (i think you test at CCRL) please let me know.

Best Regards
MM
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

MM wrote:Hi all,

i mailed this morning Mr Houdart to ask him, apologizing for a possible disturb in this period of Houdini 3 sales, if it was possible to know the results in testing at chess960 of Houdini 3, because it is (chess960) a field hardly worked by testers ; i don't think it can take a huge amount of time to answer, anyway, i didn't get any answer.

About 1 hour ago i sent him a private message in here in which i asked him if he had received my mail and i explained again my interests for his tests at chess960. No answer again.

What to think?
What to think? About what?
MM

Post by MM »

syzygy wrote:

What to think?
Why didn't i get an answer?
MM
syzygy

Post by syzygy »

MM wrote:
syzygy wrote:

What to think?
Why didn't i get an answer?
Why didn't you get an answer? Who cares? I have sent so many e-mails in my life that I didn't get a reply to on the same day.

You never learned to be patient?
MM

Post by MM »

I would like to add: mr Houdart published a lot of results and informations about H3 before the release. I remember once he published a result of a match against Critter 1.6 at chess960 but it was some time ago and in any case i cannot estimate the strenght of Houdini at chess960 basing only on a match against one opponent.

So i wonder why he doesn't asnwer, perhaps he has no good results, perhaps he has no enough data, perhaps he prefers not say anything before the next CCRL list at chess960, perhaps some other reason, who knows?

Best Regards
MM
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

MM wrote:I would like to add: mr Houdart published a lot of results and informations about H3 before the release. I remember once he published a result of a match against Critter 1.6 at chess960 but it was some time ago and in any case i cannot estimate the strenght of Houdini at chess960 basing only on a match against one opponent.

So i wonder why he doesn't asnwer, perhaps he has no good results, perhaps he has no enough data, perhaps he prefers not say anything before the next CCRL list at chess960, perhaps some other reason, who knows?

Best Regards
perhaps you need to read the houdini homepage.

http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm

"The opening improvements are mostly related to piece activity and space management and are convincingly demonstrated by the progress in Fischer Random Chess for which Houdini 3 has become about 75 Elo stronger."
MM

Post by MM »

Uri Blass wrote:
MM wrote:I would like to add: mr Houdart published a lot of results and informations about H3 before the release. I remember once he published a result of a match against Critter 1.6 at chess960 but it was some time ago and in any case i cannot estimate the strenght of Houdini at chess960 basing only on a match against one opponent.

Best Regards
perhaps you need to read the houdini homepage.

http://www.cruxis.com/chess/houdini.htm

"The opening improvements are mostly related to piece activity and space management and are convincingly demonstrated by the progress in Fischer Random Chess for which Houdini 3 has become about 75 Elo stronger."
Thank you Uri,

i think this should be one reason more to send me some details of the test he made, e.g. a gauntlet or some matches ect. I didn't ask the games, just the results, e.g. what he did with the matches at long time controls against H2, Stockfish and Komodo5.

Best Regards
MM
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

MM wrote:
Modern Times wrote:I'd say give him more time, he is probably incredibly busy.
Thank you Ray, i'll wait, if you have some results of H3 at chess960 (i think you test at CCRL) please let me know.

Best Regards
Testing is underway, yes :)

I will post completed match results here ahead of the web site update.