ChessX Install

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

ChessX Install

Post by AdminX » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello,

I just installed ChessX 0.8 on Ubuntu 12.10 / Gnome 3.6. Everything works fine. I noticed that version 0.9 of ChessX is available for Windows and Mac OS. Will the source for version 0.9 be make available for Linux compiles?

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Image
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: ChessX Install

Post by AdminX » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Never mind I was able to get it from anonymous SVN.

svn co http://chessx.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/chessx/trunk chessx
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

User avatar
velmarin
Posts: 1600
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 am

Re: ChessX Install

Post by velmarin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:11 pm

http://chessx.sourceforge.net/?q=node/3

Version 0.9.2 "Brazilwood":

Windows 32-bit
Mac (OS X 10.6) Intel 64-bit
Complete sources (tgz)

Relase today :wink:

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5605
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: ChessX Install

Post by AdminX » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm

velmarin wrote:http://chessx.sourceforge.net/?q=node/3

Version 0.9.2 "Brazilwood":

Windows 32-bit
Mac (OS X 10.6) Intel 64-bit
Complete sources (tgz)

Relase today :wink:
Source Code for current version (Linux Users)

Code: Select all

svn co http://chessx.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/chessx/trunk chessx
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

User avatar
Mithu
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 am

Re: ChessX Install

Post by Mithu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:42 am

When I install the latest package of Chessx called Instructor I get a message saying that "The program can't start because QtSvg4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."
The previous version did not have any such problems.
Any idea how to solve this?

My OS is Windows 8 64bit.
_____________________________________________________________
Experiment 1 - I modified the installation folder's security settings (as I know Win8 has some irritating limitations on folder permissions).
I was able to clear that error message but got a new one instead as shown below.

___________________________________________
Image
_____________________________________________
I am stumped now. Any help will be appreciated

tomgdrums
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:48 am

Re: ChessX Install

Post by tomgdrums » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am

Mithu wrote:When I install the latest package of Chessx called Instructor I get a message saying that "The program can't start because QtSvg4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."
The previous version did not have any such problems.
Any idea how to solve this?

My OS is Windows 8 64bit.
_____________________________________________________________
Experiment 1 - I modified the installation folder's security settings (as I know Win8 has some irritating limitations on folder permissions).
I was able to clear that error message but got a new one instead as shown below.

___________________________________________
Image
_____________________________________________
I am stumped now. Any help will be appreciated


I got the same "QtSvg4.dll is missing" message as well for the newest version of ChessX Am using Windows 7 64 bit.

User avatar
Mithu
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 am

Re: ChessX Install

Post by Mithu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Looks like its now fixed. I downloaded and installed in my office and it worked fine.

User avatar
Don
Posts: 5106
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Re: ChessX Install

Post by Don » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 pm

It really has a nice look - I just compiled and installed it with no problems on my Mint system. Haven't figure it out yet though. Can you play games and run tournaments with it or is it just a DB?

I'll look into it later and try to figure it out.
AdminX wrote:Hello,

I just installed ChessX 0.8 on Ubuntu 12.10 / Gnome 3.6. Everything works fine. I noticed that version 0.9 of ChessX is available for Windows and Mac OS. Will the source for version 0.9 be make available for Linux compiles?

Thanks to anyone in advance.

Image
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.

Post Reply