Nice Houdini 3 64-bit 4CPU move

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Cubeman

Re: Nice Houdini 3 64-bit 4CPU move

Post by Cubeman »

Seems that Houdini played the Rxh4 move to force a draw, Hiarcs blundered after the moves 1.Kxh4 Qh8+ 2.Kg3 Qh1 and here White should be looking for draw and many moves will do such as 3.Rxc7 easy draw 3.Qa1 as played is still o.k 3..Ne6 but 4.Qe1 was the mistake. So this position would make a good move to avoid test.
[D]8/R3pk2/2p1n1p1/1pPpPbP1/1P1P4/5pK1/5B2/Q4B1q w[D]
DocNZ

Post by DocNZ »

Apologies for posting a picture. I'm not good a typing analysis free hand.

I think ...Rxh4 is the only move here and is an easy tactical draw.
Qe1 followed by e6+ I think were blunders. A way for white to keep the bishop pair?? I would be interested in other opinions.
After 12. Kd3 the position is interesting.

Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I can imagine that for a bit of humour that Houdini played Rxh4 and offered a draw to Hiarcs as it wanted to finish the game early for an important date. Hiarcs just stares at Houdini and says draw offer declined (after all I am the World Computer Chess Champion) and you Houdini are just a poor imitation. Besides I am a whole Rook up and could not possibly lose, besides Junior and Crafty would call me chicken for accepting a draw at this stage. Houdini plays the next 2 move Qh8+ and Qh1 with draw offers again. Hiarcs starts to lose it's temper and when things get worse for Hiarcs he succumbs to the great escapologist. :lol:
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Cubeman wrote:I can imagine that for a bit of humour that Houdini played Rxh4 and offered a draw to Hiarcs as it wanted to finish the game early for an important date. Hiarcs just stares at Houdini and says draw offer declined (after all I am the World Computer Chess Champion) and you Houdini are just a poor imitation. Besides I am a whole Rook up and could not possibly lose, besides Junior and Crafty would call me chicken for accepting a draw at this stage. Houdini plays the next 2 move Qh8+ and Qh1 with draw offers again. Hiarcs starts to lose it's temper and when things get worse for Hiarcs he succumbs to the great escapologist. :lol:
Naughty! :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com