Official (re)launch of TCEC - website is up!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Martin Thoresen

Re: Official (re)launch of TCEC - website is up!

Post by Martin Thoresen »

JuLieN wrote:Beautiful website, Martin!!! :shock: :D Lycka till!!!!
Thanks Julien, hope to see you there! :)
Martin Thoresen

Dragan wrote:Very nice web site. Thanks for including Nebula. Looking forward to watching the games.
Would be nice to have a zoom board feature, so I can watch the games when I am further away from the computer.

Do I have to release the new version in order for it to be included? I am asking because I am soon going to release the new version with evaluation changes only, but I do have some search improvements (adding 40-50 ELO) that I don't plan to release at this time since they are not yet finished.
Hi Dragan! I will look into the possibility of a big board, for sure. :)

I will use whatever version available publicly or sent to me. As already mentioned, the Komodo team will provide me with the latest dev build before the season starts. As per the rules, an engine can be updated between stages but not during one.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Martin Thoresen wrote:.........Preliminary list of participants can be found in the engine ratings page: http://www.tcec-chess.net/ratings.php.......
Komodo 3 or Komodo 5? :wink:
I am sorry Graham, neither! It will be the latest Komodo dev. version available.

I should really change it in the list, the reason that it was there was because that is all I have at the moment and in my testing. :)
No problem Martin. I was mainly pointing out what I thought might have been an error.
The website looks good. 8-)

Regarding a good book, Clemens noted the following about the WorldClass2012-2.cgb book that I used in "The Champions 2012 4CPU" tournament that I recently ran:

Thanks a lot for this awesome tournament Graham.
The used book gave a nice spread all over the ECO codes.

White Perf. : 56.5 %
Black Perf. : 43.5 %

ECO A = 89 Games (37.1 %)
ECO B = 50 Games (20.8 %)
ECO C = 42 Games (17.5 %)
ECO D = 26 Games (10.8 %)
ECO E = 33 Games (13.8 %)

best regards, Clemens

The WorldClass2012-3.cgb book is basically the same book, but with more lines, plus an incorrect game removed from the PGN file used to create it.

Cheers,
Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

I don't see any recent TCEC active on chessbomb. Will it go up there too?
Martin Thoresen

Graham Banks wrote: No problem Martin. I was mainly pointing out what I thought might have been an error.
The website looks good. 8-)

Regarding a good book, Clemens noted the following about the WorldClass2012-2.cgb book that I used in "The Champions 2012 4CPU" tournament that I recently ran:

Thanks a lot for this awesome tournament Graham.
The used book gave a nice spread all over the ECO codes.

White Perf. : 56.5 %
Black Perf. : 43.5 %

ECO A = 89 Games (37.1 %)
ECO B = 50 Games (20.8 %)
ECO C = 42 Games (17.5 %)
ECO D = 26 Games (10.8 %)
ECO E = 33 Games (13.8 %)

best regards, Clemens

The WorldClass2012-3.cgb book is basically the same book, but with more lines, plus an incorrect game removed from the PGN file used to create it.

Cheers,
Graham.
Yes thank you, I forgot to update it before I went public. :)

Yes actually I am quite satisfied with the WorldClass2012-3 book so far. If nothing else, I will be using this one. But I will look into other suggestions from users here and other boards. I will give it some time, no hurry. :)
Martin Thoresen

S.Taylor wrote:I don't see any recent TCEC active on chessbomb. Will it go up there too?
As I wrote in the first post, yes, they will broadcast TCEC when it starts.
Martin Thoresen

Ajedrecista wrote: - Dirty last version is 05SEP12, that is 051112 instead of 041112... just a minor thing.
Actually, looking into this... the 32-bit binary says 05 sep but the 64-bit says 04 sep. That's why it was wrong in the GUI. :)
Martin Thoresen

By the way, some of you may have noticed that certain commercial engines are missing, that's simply because I haven't bought the latest. For example Hiarcs, Junior etc. I'm not very rich at the moment so they will probably not make an appearance for the first season.
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
Ajedrecista wrote: - Dirty last version is 05SEP12, that is 051112 instead of 041112... just a minor thing.
Actually, looking into this... the 32-bit binary says 05 sep but the 64-bit says 04 sep. That's why it was wrong in the GUI. :)
"05SEP12" would be translated into 050912, not 051112, wouldn't it?

And of course: many thanks for relaunching TCEC, Martin! I hope you will have fun with it.

Sven
Dragan

Post by Dragan »

Hi Martin. I will definitely send you my latest dev version. Just give us a 2-3 day notice before the stage 1 starts.