hiarcs explorer tournement book: is it the best?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ozziejoe

hiarcs explorer tournement book: is it the best?

Post by ozziejoe »

I've just purchased this book,which is used by the excellent hiarcs explorer interface, and i am wondering if folks know the basis for this claim:"This book defeats all other commercial opening books it has played including comfortably defeating the Chessbase Powerbook."

can any body direct me to the results of tournaments versus different books?
Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: hiarcs explorer tournement book: is it the best?

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

ozziejoe wrote:I've just purchased this book,which is used by the excellent hiarcs explorer interface, and i am wondering if folks know the basis for this claim:"This book defeats all other commercial opening books it has played including comfortably defeating the Chessbase Powerbook."

can any body direct me to the results of tournaments versus different books?
Powerbook is not a competitive opening book per se......
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
ozziejoe

Post by ozziejoe »

It was years ago, but i do remember folks playing a tournament with different opening books. Does anybody recall what the results where? how much difference does book make?
ozziejoe

Post by ozziejoe »

sorry to be having conversation with myself, but there might be some interested in the strength of books

https://sites.google.com/site/computers ... tournament

Hiarcs book is about average in this tourni