Stockfish dev 25.04 crashes under xp32

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Spliffjiffer

Stockfish dev 25.04 crashes under xp32

Post by Spliffjiffer »

the new dev-version of stockfish (25.04.13) crashes on my win xp 32 system under arena gui after a few secounds...unfortunately i have no technical understanding and i hope someone can confirm this and has the opportunity to give technical help
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.
gladius
Full name: Gary Linscott

Re: Stockfish dev 25.04 crashes under xp32

Post by gladius »

Spliffjiffer wrote:the new dev-version of stockfish (25.04.13) crashes on my win xp 32 system under arena gui after a few secounds...unfortunately i have no technical understanding and i hope someone can confirm this and has the opportunity to give technical help
It is a known issue. Please wait until the next build comes out.
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

Hello Peer,

That is probably the same bug that Marco is reporting here , and in testing it has not shown up because that is all done with one thread. I have no idea, compiler problem, or it may be some deeper bug with the Search Stack that has gone unrecognized thus far, but even Marco does not know at this moment.

Regards, Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Spliffjiffer

Post by Spliffjiffer »

thank you Gary and Elco for the quick information ! :-)
Wahrheiten sind Illusionen von denen wir aber vergessen haben dass sie welche sind.