WHEN the Day Will Arrive When...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Re: WHEN the Day Will Arrive When...

Post by fern »

Then, Kai, If you like Teodora you must read Secret History by Procopius,. very lascivious information for people like us, at the same time scholarly and lubricious.

Testudo regards

Fern
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

carldaman wrote:Hi Tom,

Do you or anyone know if ChessPro/Tiger by Christophe Theron is available for other mobile devices? (I don't have an Ipad).

Thanks,
CL
Hi Carl,

As Fernando mentioned Christophe does have ChessPro for Iphone and I think Palm as well as Ipad. he has unfortunately not put it out on the Android platform.

I would love to see a new Chesstiger on PC as well! But it does seem like he is targeting mobile devices. And to reiterate I LOVE this APP!
Robert Pope

Post by Robert Pope »

fern wrote:Hi Carl:
It looks like Christopher Theron is aiming every product to mobile devices and in this field only to Mac stuff. I do not possees as you the Ipad and I will not, so I am waiting without hope a PC version,.
Mobiles I do not have an use for them regards
fern
It sounds like you do have a use for them - to play ChessPro! :D
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

Robert Pope wrote:
fern wrote:Hi Carl:
It looks like Christopher Theron is aiming every product to mobile devices and in this field only to Mac stuff. I do not possees as you the Ipad and I will not, so I am waiting without hope a PC version,.
Mobiles I do not have an use for them regards
fern
It sounds like you do have a use for them - to play ChessPro! :D
Fen, I do have an entertaining software for the platform. I promise to give you a free copy if you switched!
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tomgdrums wrote:I'd say that the ChessPro (Chesstiger) Ipad app by Christophe Theron is actuallly getting to this place!

Attractive GUI without being ostentatious.

LOTS of training levels.

ATTRACTIVE playing style.

Great options for learning while you play or go over one of your own games. Fairly interactive in this regard!

STRONG enough! When I double check with Houdini only rarely does Houdini refute the Chesstiger moves!

And instructive because of its style!

This is the app I play with and use to go over my games.
Hi Tom,

Did you unlock the 2700 Elo function in this application !?
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:I'd say that the ChessPro (Chesstiger) Ipad app by Christophe Theron is actuallly getting to this place!

LOTS of training levels.

Great options for learning while you play or go over one of your own games. Fairly interactive in this regard!

STRONG enough! When I double check with Houdini only rarely does Houdini refute the Chesstiger moves!

Hi Tom,

Dr.D
Hey Dr. D!

No I didn't know that was possible. Do you mean for sparring partner?
Is it a level that one has to attain to unlock it?

Thanks!
TomG
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

Dr.Wael uses the free version of the app and needs to unlock certain features not available in the full version.
mloftus955
Full name: mark loftus

Post by mloftus955 »

This is well said, Fern.
At best I was a club player (rougly 1600 at best), and these 3000+ programs are just hard to relate to. It's not just elo that would make me open my wallet, especially in this economy. I do like the chessmaster series also.

Mark
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

tomgdrums wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:

LOTS of training levels.

Hi Tom,

Dr.D
Hey Dr. D!

No I didn't know that was possible. Do you mean for sparring partner?
Is it a level that one has to attain to unlock it?

Thanks!
TomG
Hi,

Well,you have to defeat the chess engine using a handicapped options rather on time or material and only then it will unlock the 2700 Elo level for analysis purposes.......

At least that's what I understand from banner that keeps annoying me when I use the program for analysis when I'm at work,night shift that is....

For more information read about it in the AppStore....

Otherwise,it's playing on the 2100 Elo level regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

I will NOT ever purchase Ipad things and in fact anything of that kind, those mobile contrivances....at most I would buy a netbook, if I do need it one day, which i do not believe.

Long Life to desktops regards
fern