Komodo 5.1r1 reporting K/ns info

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: Komodo 5.1r1 reporting K/ns info

Post by lkaufman »

[quote="Don My personal expectation is that Komodo will end up on top and it will last for some fairly limited amount of time since Larry and I are both aging. [/quote]

True, but then who is not aging? :)

Maybe each passing year will see old guys like Mr. Houdart decline while we remain strong! I'm reminded of a game between Korchnoi and Timman a few years ago. Korchnoi was age 75 or more, while Timman was about twenty years younger. Korchnoi said after the game that his strategy was to prolong the game so that "old man" Timman would tire and weaken in the fifth hour or so of play!
Don

Post by Don »

lkaufman wrote:[quote="Don My personal expectation is that Komodo will end up on top and it will last for some fairly limited amount of time since Larry and I are both aging.
True, but then who is not aging? :)

Maybe each passing year will see old guys like Mr. Houdart decline while we remain strong! I'm reminded of a game between Korchnoi and Timman a few years ago. Korchnoi was age 75 or more, while Timman was about twenty years younger. Korchnoi said after the game that his strategy was to prolong the game so that "old man" Timman would tire and weaken in the fifth hour or so of play![/quote]

Before we kick the bucket we still have a few things to teach these young kids. :-)
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Hurnavich

Post by Hurnavich »

Komodo 5.1r1 reporting K/ns info not working.

This i'm pleased to say is now fixed in 5.1 r2 works in Aquarium chess gui.

Many thanks for putting this right Don/Larry.
"May your next game be your best"