ChessOk Android App

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

ChessOk Android App

Post by AdminX »

I picked up a Nook HD+ for $150USD and flashed it up to Jellybean 4.2.2 this week. Well of course I then went on to load some Chess apps. When I found this, I like it much better than it's IOS counter part.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10020467094 ... LwYpBg44dM

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Re: ChessOk Android App

Post by carldaman »

Very nice board! :D
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

I bought the HD+ also. Great buy. As to the app, it needs a lot of work before it is ready for consumption. Even overlooking the more obvious issues, such as microscopic fonts, I keep getting slammed with the message: "lag compensation has been turned off in the middle of the game.' This essentially makes it unplayable to me. I look forward to trying it again when it is a bit more mature though.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Jhoravi

Post by Jhoravi »

Me too is experiencing "Lag compensation dissabled" all the time but I win more games here than on PC I don't know why. Despite the lows I still consider ChessOK the best live chess interface for mobile.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

I have been looking for alternative to FICS for the last 4 days, not sure if it will come back. The iOS version is called Chess Planet and I installed the app and tried to create an account, they ask too many questions want to know your full name, date of birth, email address, male/female so just decided not to join. Chess.Com is less intrusive so just staying with that till FICS is back up and running.
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

I agreed! I tried signing up for the app as a replacement for the FICS, I filled all details then when I submitted, it said something wrong about the server and crashed!
Jhoravi

Post by Jhoravi »

Cubeman wrote:I have been looking for alternative to FICS for the last 4 days, not sure if it will come back. The iOS version is called Chess Planet and I installed the app and tried to create an account, they ask too many questions want to know your full name, date of birth, email address, male/female so just decided not to join. Chess.Com is less intrusive so just staying with that till FICS is back up and running.
I played 3 to 5 min blitz at Chess.com for Android but I struggle even at 1800 level by always loosing on time. In ChessOK I'm comfortable at 2300 to 2500 range despite the annoying "Lag compensation dissabled" The problem has to do with the Chess.com interface because the opponents last move has no arrow to alert me.