The A.R.B Chess System v The Hippopotamus Defence - Differen

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kyodai

Re: The A.R.B Chess System v The Hippopotamus Defence - Diff

Post by Kyodai »

Peter Skinner wrote:
Dr.Ex wrote: 1. e4 e6 2. d4 d6 3.c4! Anthony.R.Brown resigns 1-0
This is _exactly_ why I want him to play a game. I can't find an engine book that would allow this opening to happen. Most engines _without_ a book wouldn't let this opening happen, so I am doubting the originality of his game.

So far I've test 31 books, and 55 engines.. _ZERO_ allow his "system" opening to happen naturally. You have to force the engine to play it. Under normal game conditions, this would never happen.

Peter
Oopss :wink:

And then I like your "Winner winner chicken dinner"

Just adding "cooked by our famous Skinner"

8-)
duncan

Post by duncan »

Dr.Ex wrote:
karger wrote:Why is this so-called system so popular as a subject when it has won one game and is unproven to be repeatedly reliable ?
Even one win in 100 games would already be extraordinary for below 2000 player but it's certainly not verifiable.
what percent wins would you expect a world champion to get ?

duncan
Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown »

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

No matter the interface or book, I can not make Houdini play "your system's" opening.

How exactly did you do it? Was it a forced opening? If so, how can anyone trust that you didn't use half a million take backs, or force other moves?

Is it too hard to play a single game online to prove this system works? You've been shown that your "system" has an ECO classification. You've been shown your "system" has been played on FICS several times. It can easily be proven that none of the top 10 programs would naturally play your opening.

So essentially, you are either a troll, or evidence in your World must meet a different standard than in ours. Your "system" has been proven busted...

Peter

P.S - Keep posting the link to that post. It makes you look incredibly stupid.
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Anthony.R.Brown

Quote: duncan roberts

A.R.B

Could you explain more clearly the above?
duncan

Post by duncan »

Anthony.R.Brown wrote:Quote: duncan roberts

A.R.B

Could you explain more clearly the above?
if kasparov when he was active played 100 games against houdini without using your system what is your guess the percentage of the games that would be won. and how many points would he get?

how long do you think it will take to perfect your system so that you will be able to play regularly against it. when you do, do you reckon you will get close to 100% wins.

some people here are sceptical and want proof that you are able to defeat houdini on a consistent basis. do you have any plans to provide proof to the skeptics.?

I must admit it sounds sort of magical to me and as I am weak in chess am influenced by the little support you are getting from those with experience but I am open minded to accept all reasonable proof. I hope you will not take the attitude of uri geller, when asked to provide proof to a skeptic, says why should I demonstrate proof to him, he does not believe in it.

duncan
Anthony.R.Brown

Duncan's Quotes:

if kasparov when he was active played 100 games against houdini without using your system what is your guess the percentage of the games that would be won. and how many points would he get?

A.R.B

He might Get 50%

how long do you think it will take to perfect your system so that you will be able to play regularly against it. when you do, do you reckon you will get close to 100% wins.

A.R.B

I am on 100% at the Moment! its Not about Trying to Win! its about Not giving the Computer Any Chance! So basically it Plays it's Self!

some people here are sceptical and want proof that you are able to defeat houdini on a consistent basis. do you have any plans to provide proof to the skeptics.?

A.R.B

The only Way at the Moment...is I Post the Games! and if they Can See Clearly that a Computer Could Not of Played the Moves then it Must Be True! But the Difficult thing is! Sometimes We Agree!?

I must admit it sounds sort of magical to me and as I am weak in chess am influenced by the little support you are getting from those with experience but I am open minded to accept all reasonable proof. I hope you will not take the attitude of uri geller, when asked to provide proof to a skeptic, says why should I demonstrate proof to him, he does not believe in it.

A.R.B

As above I will just let the Chess do the Talking!
Regardless of what I Say...as some Proof...No Computer Can Beat My (36) Move End Game Win! in the Video's Below!
And again! No Computer Plays the way I did! :)

The A.R.B Chess System - End Game - Game 01 - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ISYkbmZSQM

The A.R.B Chess System - End Game - Game 01 - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6wc0ps3Qo
Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

Anthony.R.Brown wrote: A.R.B

As above I will just let the Chess do the Talking!
Regardless of what I Say...as some Proof...No Computer Can Beat My (36) Move End Game Win! in the Video's Below!
And again! No Computer Plays the way I did! :)
I have no doubt no computer can beat your end game, because they would never get in to it in the first place.

As you have stated many times, it's the move order that counts right? Computers would _never_ play your move order; I can't find a single one that will play that opening.

So this _must_ have been a forced opening. There are also questions about certain Houdini moves, so one can reasonably conclude that you used take backs.

Let's just play a game online. I will use no book what so ever, and let the engine decide what it wants to play.

Or you could just continue to ignore that I've busted your little scam and reply to everyone around me and link to your post several pages back...

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Anthony.R.Brown

Let Me Know if you Need more Info Duncan! :wink:
duncan

Post by duncan »

Anthony.R.Brown wrote:Let Me Know if you Need more Info Duncan! :wink:
thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

peter asked

'As you have stated many times, it's the move order that counts right? Computers would _never_ play your move order; I can't find a single one that will play that opening.'

would you be able to respond to it.?

thanks

duncan