About Hiarcs: Taking all into account...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: About Hiarcs: Taking all into account...

Post by geots »

Rebel wrote:
fern wrote:Considering the splendid GUi with which is today associated
Considering the database accesses which makes possible
Considering his result in Yokohama with equal and normal hardware and not with just an array of computers worthy of NASA
Considering his style of play
Considering the service Mark U. provides
Considering the honesty with which this programmer prepares his stuff as he has done along years.
Considering ALL that it is difficult to find another better program for a chess player.
Perhaps there is one or two stronger in terms of comp Vs comp games.
Perhaps there is some other equally interesting in his style, as Junior.
Perhaps Chessbase has a prettier and funnier GUI.
Perhaps.
But Hiarcs has everything in just one package.
And I say this as a guy that play lot more dedicated units than engines. Even so, I still can recognize a bargain when I see one.

Just the truth regards
fern
Ah, the silver medal winner who judged the gold medal winner and became world champion? You mean that guy? Solly, I have nothing but contempt for people doing such things. The right thing was not to vote.

Amen to that!! Except this 1 or 2 stronger? Might you possibly be 30 or 40 off? He has a brand new program that a 3 year old version of Rybka can still crush. What exactly is Hiarcs the champion of again?

gts
geots

Post by geots »

Rebel wrote:
fern wrote:Considering the splendid GUi with which is today associated
Considering the database accesses which makes possible
Considering his result in Yokohama with equal and normal hardware and not with just an array of computers worthy of NASA
Considering his style of play
Considering the service Mark U. provides
Considering the honesty with which this programmer prepares his stuff as he has done along years.
Considering ALL that it is difficult to find another better program for a chess player.
Perhaps there is one or two stronger in terms of comp Vs comp games.
Perhaps there is some other equally interesting in his style, as Junior.
Perhaps Chessbase has a prettier and funnier GUI.
Perhaps.
But Hiarcs has everything in just one package.
And I say this as a guy that play lot more dedicated units than engines. Even so, I still can recognize a bargain when I see one.

Just the truth regards
fern
Ah, the silver medal winner who judged the gold medal winner and became world champion? You mean that guy? Solly, I have nothing but contempt for people doing such things. The right thing was not to vote.

There may not be many who agree with me- like I care. The brutal truth as far as I am concerned is to accept a trophy is fine- but to let the tournament organizers call Hiarcs the world champion- without interceding and pointing out why it is not true in any world and also that there are better engines coming out of the woodwork- shows a terrible lack of character on his part and the part of every member associated with his team. The only thing I know that is worse is to use it in a sales pitch. And people wonder if computer chess is in the toilet. No, it is in the septic tank as we speak.

gts
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Graham Banks wrote:
Mithu wrote:.......I'd say that he was very kind to answer to all my questions at the Hiarcs forum........
Maybe I'm being impatient, but he's still not opened the private message I sent him at the Hiarcs forum a month ago, and hasn't replied to an email I sent either.
Starting to wonder if I've said or done something terribly wrong. :(
Was your question a Customer support question? Or just another wrant? As usual you try to muddy the waters and suggest that Hiarcs customer support is bad. I would like to bet your question had nothing to do with support to a latest product? But you just thought you would do a Ray and have a good troll.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Mithu wrote:.......I'd say that he was very kind to answer to all my questions at the Hiarcs forum........
Maybe I'm being impatient, but he's still not opened the private message I sent him at the Hiarcs forum a month ago, and hasn't replied to an email I sent either.
Was your question a Customer support question? Or just another wrant? As usual you try to muddy the waters and suggest that Hiarcs customer support is bad. I would like to bet your question had nothing to do with support to a latest product? But you just thought you would do a Ray and have a good troll.
Hiarcs Support has always been very good.
Mark emailed me, so I'm now aware of why there was a delay this time.

I have never said anything bad about Hiarcs. I respect both Mark and Hiarcs.

The tone of your post is disappointing and suggests much.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Yes, I can testify Mark does a top notch customer service! :)

/Happy customer
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Harvey Williamson

JuLieN wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

/Happy customer
Graham your post was a complete troll and out of context I guess you have spent to long reading your brothers posts.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
JuLieN wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

/Happy customer
Graham your post was a complete troll and out of context I guess you have spent to long reading your brothers posts.
Sorry that you saw it that way Harvey, but it was a valid concern that I had at the time, as it was so out of character not to get a reply.

However, I have since heard from Mark and I now understand the circumstances why there was a delay.
I do not have an issue with either Mark or Hiarcs.

As to others, they can speak for themselves, but please don't attribute what they feel or say to me.
I have respect for all engine authors because they're the backbone of our hobby.

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Harvey Williamson

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
JuLieN wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

/Happy customer
Sorry that you saw it that way Harvey, but it was a valid concern that I had at the time, as it was so out of character not to get a reply.

However, I have since heard from Mark and I now understand the circumstances why there was a delay.
I do not have an issue with either Mark or Hiarcs.

As to others, they can speak for themselves, but please don't attribute what they feel or say to me.
I have respect for all engine authors because they're the backbone of our hobby.

Graham.
If you had real respect you would send another private message and not troll this thread.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Post by Father »

About Hiarcs.Hiarcs is a very good chess program. Hiarcs is one of the top chess program. Play chess against Hiarcs is a great experience. Humans’ beings that have done “Hiarcs Creature” are honest and serious people.

Best regards,
Pablo Ignacio Restrepo S.
Father and Grandfather playchess.com engines room
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.