Please Be Aware A Ziggurat 0.22 Gauntlet Has Begun!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Please Be Aware A Ziggurat 0.22 Gauntlet Has Begun!

Post by geots »

I have begun a Ziggurat 0.22 Gauntlet involving 5 engine opponents- 30 games each Alphabetically, they are:

Clueless 1.4
Matheus 2.3
Maverick 0.2
Rhetoric 0.10.d
Surprise 4.3b13

Notice these are the closest together I could get. Rhetoric 1.0 was 300 or so elo stronger than 0.10.d. I know about most of these engines, but I do not think running Ziggurat, and Maverick for that matter- would tell us much of anything against a 2400 rated engine like Rhetoric 1.0. It was either this way or leave him out- not running a Rhetoric version 500 elo stronger than at least 2 of the engines. A waste of time.

george
geots

Re: Please Be Aware A Ziggurat 0.22 Gauntlet Has ENDED!!

Post by geots »

It ended about the same time it started. Ziggurat against 5 other engines @ 40/3 repeating. I clicked "start" and took one of my dogs outside to the bathroom, came back in a couple minutes later and stopped it just to check.
Strange that 7 games had already been played. And Ziggurat had 7 losses. I thought he would start doing better, then I looked and all losses had been between 19 and 22 moves. Yea, right. I start replaying them- and Ziggurat had lost all 7 on time. I saw what was happening quickly- Ziggurat does not understand repeating controls. With about 5 or 6 seconds left on his clock- he is thinking about move 21. It is not uncommon as one might think, and I shall have to talk to Dave if he doesn't see this.

At any rate, if anything it was smooth from start to finish.

gts :roll:
Graham Banks

Re: Please Be Aware A Ziggurat 0.22 Gauntlet Has ENDED!!

Post by Graham Banks »

geots wrote:It ended about the same time it started. Ziggurat against 5 other engines @ 40/3 repeating. I clicked "start" and took one of my dogs outside to the bathroom, came back in a couple minutes later and stopped it just to check.
Strange that 7 games had already been played. And Ziggurat had 7 losses. I thought he would start doing better, then I looked and all losses had been between 19 and 22 moves. Yea, right. I start replaying them- and Ziggurat had lost all 7 on time. I saw what was happening quickly- Ziggurat does not understand repeating controls. With about 5 or 6 seconds left on his clock- he is thinking about move 21. It is not uncommon as one might think, and I shall have to talk to Dave if he doesn't see this.

At any rate, if anything it was smooth from start to finish.

gts :roll:
Hi George,

I've just finished a Ziggurat 0.22 gauntlet of 220 games for CCRL 40/40, using repeating time controls.
Time losses were not an issue.

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com