The public IPON is finished.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

gerold

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by gerold »

IWB wrote:
carldaman wrote: ...What reasons did he give for quitting, anyone know?...
Nothing that serious. I am just not "burning" that much for computer chess as some years ago and became a bit anoyed about justifying a free service.

I continue with testing (maybe a little less and more relexed regarding the piciked engines), I will just focus on my and a few friends fun and might do some beta testing from time to time (in case someone is asking).

Bye
Ingo
Thanks for your time Ingo. Much appreciated.
Maybe you could post your results at least once a month or so and make most of us happy.

Very best to you,
Gerold.

P.S. Most people who enjoy your testing don/t always post about your testing. We are here and enjoy your testing.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

gerold wrote: P.S. Most people who enjoy your testing don/t always post about your testing. We are here and enjoy your testing.
And enjoy it even more, because we do not have to thank :)
Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown »

The Biggest Problem with the Lists you Put forward is that HOO...DUNO!

Is at the Top!! ?? . :shock:

AR.B
gladius
Full name: Gary Linscott

Post by gladius »

IWB wrote:
Nothing that serious. I am just not "burning" that much for computer chess as some years ago and became a bit anoyed about justifying a free service.

I continue with testing (maybe a little less and more relexed regarding the piciked engines), I will just focus on my and a few friends fun and might do some beta testing from time to time (in case someone is asking).

Bye
Ingo
Hi Ingo, sorry it's become less fun! Thanks for all the testing, the matches were always super fun to watch. Hope we see the return of IPON at some point :).

Gary
Kirill Kryukov

Post by Kirill Kryukov »

IWB wrote:

Bye
Ingo
I feel that relaxed mindset about hobbies is essential for avoiding burnout. I hope you'll recover enthusiasm after some rest.

(BTW I don't have trouble justifying my free services - it gives as much or more enjoyment to me as to the others.)

Best,
Kirill
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Don wrote:
Martin Thoresen wrote:
IWB wrote: Nothing that serious. I am just not "burning" that much for computer chess as some years ago and became a bit anoyed about justifying a free service.
I know all about having to justify a free service. Thanks for your efforts Ingo, maybe we will see your list back again sometime in the future.
I'm having trouble justifying a non-free service :-)
You still have SSDF :)
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
ThatsIt

Post by ThatsIt »

I've seen it but now.
It's a loss for our section.
Hopefully the IPON is back soon !

But fortunately there is another "ponder=on" list:

http://www.husvankempen.de/nunn/rating4020PBON.htm

Best wishes,
G.S.
(CEGT member)
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

I've been meaning to ask... the last games update though, is still from one year ago, right?
ThatsIt

Post by ThatsIt »

Ozymandias wrote:I've been meaning to ask... the last games update though, is still from one year ago, right?
That's right, i will do a games-update next week.

Best wishes,
G.S.
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

That'll be great. :D