The public IPON is finished.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
modolief
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by modolief » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:43 pm

It's a shame to see IPON go; this has been my list of choice in recent times. Like the interface that google presents, IPON has for me stripped away a lot of extraneous detail to focus on one thing and do it well. I don't mind about not having games because that way engines can't try to optimize for the test, as they don't know what openings are being chosen.

Here's what archive.org has for the site:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.inwoba.de/

This represents the past results pretty well but doesn't have the latest Stockfish 4 ranking.

beram
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by beram » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:27 pm

modolief wrote:It's a shame to see IPON go; this has been my list of choice in recent times. Like the interface that google presents, IPON has for me stripped away a lot of extraneous detail to focus on one thing and do it well. I don't mind about not having games because that way engines can't try to optimize for the test, as they don't know what openings are being chosen.

Here's what archive.org has for the site:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.inwoba.de/

This represents the past results pretty well but doesn't have the latest Stockfish 4 ranking.
Well according to the games which were never publicated, now that Ingo has stopped we might as well make ask him, as a last favour, for a publication of all his IPON testgames

but anyway, thx Ingo

BubbaTough
Posts: 1154
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:18 am

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by BubbaTough » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 am

There is nothing like releasing a new version of your engine to make you miss IPON. Watching the live updates was always fun.

-Sam

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:41 am

BubbaTough wrote:There is nothing like releasing a new version of your engine to make you miss IPON. Watching the live updates was always fun.

-Sam
Totally agreed 8-)
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

bupalo
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by bupalo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:38 pm

days like this we miss really the ipon

IGarcia
Posts: 543
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by IGarcia » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:50 pm

bupalo wrote:days like this we miss really the ipon
Yes, but we have LS-Ratings, witch looks as was in IPON a very good work, fast and objective rating.

http://ls-ratinglist.beepworld.de/

pohl4711
Posts: 1084
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:25 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: The public IPON is finished.

Post by pohl4711 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:31 am

IGarcia wrote:
bupalo wrote:days like this we miss really the ipon
Yes, but we have LS-Ratings, witch looks as was in IPON a very good work, fast and objective rating.
I hope so! I learned (and copied) a lot from the IPON-test-conditions, but on the other hand I tried to improve/evolve the test-conditons (more games for higher accuracy, no derivative-boykott, only strong opponents (important for testing strong engines, in order to avoid Elo-distortions))...

Stefan (host of the LS-ratinglist)

Post Reply