How is it Possible to Upload an Avatar from a Computer File!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Anthony.R.Brown

Post by Anthony.R.Brown »

And what is the Maximum Size!? ? x ?

A.R.B
acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Re: How is it Possible to Upload an Avatar from a Computer F

Post by acase »

I believe you must upload the Avatar to a photo sharing website like Photobucket or Imageshack and then link to the avatar you uploaded to the photo sharing website. As for the size limit...I have no idea what the limit is, however I would suggest keeping it at a reasonable size (perhaps 200x200 max).
phenri

Post by phenri »

Hi

go here imgur.com < register < signup < upload (no youtube video are allowed - joke! ;] )
then go here at bottom and put the url of the image http://talkchess.com/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile

~100px * ~100px is ok

Greeting
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

phenri wrote:~100px * ~100px is ok
According to the forum rules, which are admittedly often ignored, the maximum image size is 80x80 pixels, and the maximum file size is 6kB.
Anthony.R.Brown

A lot of Messing Around! When Most Sites just let you to Upload from a Computer File! ? (Must be Money involved with (Photo-Bucket-Waist-Bin-Rubbish!) Adverts Etc. :?

Can't be Bothered Now! Thanks for the Feed Back. :wink:

A.R.B
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

Anthony.R.Brown wrote:A lot of Messing Around! When Most Sites just let you to Upload from a Computer File! ? (Must be Money involved with (Photo-Bucket-Waist-Bin-Rubbish!) Adverts Etc. :?

A.R.B
The reason is simple: Talkchess is hosted for free by its sponsor, so we don't host pictures. No picture you see on this forum is hosted by Talkchess.

Which has never been a problem, as it is really easy to host your picture somewhere else and link it in your profile.
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Anthony.R.Brown

I Bet You Want Carlsen to Win! Me Too!.... :lol:

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49252

A.R.B
Anthony.R.Brown

JuLieN wrote:
Anthony.R.Brown wrote:A lot of Messing Around! When Most Sites just let you to Upload from a Computer File! ? (Must be Money involved with (Photo-Bucket-Waist-Bin-Rubbish!) Adverts Etc. :?

A.R.B
The reason is simple: Talkchess is hosted for free by its sponsor, so we don't host pictures. No picture you see on this forum is hosted by Talkchess.

Which has never been a problem, as it is really easy to host your picture somewhere else and link it in your profile.

None of that Makes Sense!! I just Want to Upload a Simple Avatar from My Computer! at My Internet Cost! ?

A.R.B
kinderchocolate
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by kinderchocolate »

You could also just describe your chess system in words, why created a PowerPoint slide and uploaded to YouTube??
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Anthony.R.Brown wrote:
JuLieN wrote:

A.R.B

None of that Makes Sense!! I just Want to Upload a Simple Avatar from My Computer! at My Internet Cost! ?

A.R.B
Anthony,

People already answered you. Anyway, this is a perfect thread for help & suggestions, so please let's continue there.

Miguel