Komodo release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
shrapnel
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:43 am
Location: New Delhi, India

Re: Komodo release

Post by shrapnel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 pm

819 $ ??? :shock: No one is going to buy it !
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Asus ROG Strix 11 GB Geforce 1080 Ti and AMD Ryzen 7 1800X @4.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR4-2400 G.Skill RAM, ASUS Prime x370-PRO, Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Cooler.

User avatar
Mithu
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 am

Re: Komodo release

Post by Mithu » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:20 pm

Whether it beats Houdini or not... let's enjoy the games that Komodo plays. I care two hoots for elo. And for an engine that is costing way too much lesser than H3 with just a 10-20 elo difference, I am pretty sure we will see more Komodo's sales.

Life and health is more important. Only an insane person will be caring about elo-comparisions and houdini strength, when its all about one man's fight against ill-health in this thread.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32786
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Komodo release

Post by Graham Banks » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Mithu wrote:....Life and health is more important. Only an insane person will be caring about elo-comparisions and houdini strength, when its all about one man's fight against ill-health in this thread.
Agreed, although I think that insane is a bit strong.
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

lkaufman
Posts: 3538
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 am
Location: Maryland USA
Contact:

Re: Komodo release

Post by lkaufman » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Mithu wrote:Whether it beats Houdini or not... let's enjoy the games that Komodo plays. I care two hoots for elo. And for an engine that is costing way too much lesser than H3 with just a 10-20 elo difference, I am pretty sure we will see more Komodo's sales.

Life and health is more important. Only an insane person will be caring about elo-comparisions and houdini strength, when its all about one man's fight against ill-health in this thread.
Well but Don himself cares about elo-comparison with Houdini, it just isn't his top priority right now. I imagine that some good results for Komodo 6 will boost his spirits, which can't hurt his chances in the battle for life.

WuShock
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:13 am

slight problem

Post by WuShock » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

Concentrate...

1. Left-click on the Komodo 6 download link
2. click 'Save' or 'save file'

Note: DON'T screw this up. You can download Komodo-6.zip just once.

--------------------------------------

I concentrated , did the left click , and everything went fine , but the DL stopped 3KB short ......... Am I toast ??

Komodo6-TomGlenn 0 B/s - 1,530 KB of 1,533 KB

User avatar
Don
Posts: 5106
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Re: slight problem

Post by Don » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 pm

WuShock wrote:Concentrate...

1. Left-click on the Komodo 6 download link
2. click 'Save' or 'save file'

Note: DON'T screw this up. You can download Komodo-6.zip just once.

--------------------------------------

I concentrated , did the left click , and everything went fine , but the DL stopped 3KB short ......... Am I toast ??

Komodo6-TomGlenn 0 B/s - 1,530 KB of 1,533 KB
Please don't use the forum for customer supports. You can send me emails - my email is visible from this site.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.

User avatar
Bloodbane
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: Komodo release

Post by Bloodbane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:36 am

Created an accout to say this: good luck with your fight and hope you get better.

ankan
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:29 pm
Full name: Ankan Banerjee
Contact:

Re: Komodo release

Post by ankan » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 am

Sad to hear about your sickness Don. I wish you good luck and hope you get better.

Karol Majewski
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Komodo release

Post by Karol Majewski » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:34 am

AMD Phenom II X4 955, Windows 7 x64

1. Run Komodo exe file,
2. Close console window

Crash!

Not a serious problem but worth fixing.

UncombedCoconut
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am
Location: Naperville, IL

Re: Komodo release

Post by UncombedCoconut » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Best wishes to you, Don. You've always contributed to the community here as a gifted, genuine, helpful expositor. I hope you win this battle, but your positive legacy will live on no matter what.
Never resign. :)

Post Reply