Komodo release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Adam Hair

Re: slight problem

Post by Adam Hair »

trojanfoe wrote:Hi there, the download script still appears to be broken. I have tried using Chrome, Firefox and IE and get the message:

Code: Select all

only get to download once
Is that supposed to be an error message? It's pretty badly done, I must say, and I share everyone else's frustration in paying for something and not being allowed to download it.

I don't even understand why a customer can only download it once and I'm pretty sure it should have been tested better.

I brought K6 to support Don through his current hardship and I want to support chess engine development under OSX, however there is only a certain amount of hassle I will tolerate before I abort and attempt to get a refund.

[MODERATION]

As a paying customer, you are entitled to complain about your service if you find it less than satisfactory. However, this is not a customer service forum for Komodo. If you have problem downloading Komodo 6, then you should either pm Jesse Gersenson here at TalkChess or send an email to support@komodochess.com .

We wish for everybody to realize that discussing how Komodo 6 plays chess or how it interacts with GUIs are on topic subjects here in the general forum. But customer service problems are not. Please contact a member of the Komodo directly for customer service issues.

Thanks,
Adam, Julien, Miguel
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Adam Hair wrote:
trojanfoe wrote:Hi there, the download script still appears to be broken. I have tried using Chrome, Firefox and IE and get the message:

Is that supposed to be an error message? It's pretty badly done, I must say, and I share everyone else's frustration in paying for something and not being allowed to download it.

I don't even understand why a customer can only download it once and I'm pretty sure it should have been tested better.

I brought K6 to support Don through his current hardship and I want to support chess engine development under OSX, however there is only a certain amount of hassle I will tolerate before I abort and attempt to get a refund.

[MODERATION]

As a paying customer, you are entitled to complain about your service if you find it less than satisfactory. However, this is not a customer service forum for Komodo. If you have problem downloading Komodo 6, then you should either pm Jesse Gersenson here at TalkChess or send an email to support@komodochess.com .

We wish for everybody to realize that discussing how Komodo 6 plays chess or how it interacts with GUIs are on topic subjects here in the general forum. But customer service problems are not. Please contact a member of the Komodo directly for customer service issues.

Thanks,
Adam, Julien, Miguel

OK, sounds good sorry for that! Want to say Jerry quickly sorted things out and the new link sent downloaded the engine in only a couple of seconds.
beram

Post by beram »

M ANSARI wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:

[MODERATION]

Thanks,
Adam, Julien, Miguel

OK, sounds good sorry for that! Want to say Jerry quickly sorted things out and the new link sent downloaded the engine in only a couple of seconds.
Well good to hear it worked for you Majd, but for me I still havent had any single reaction after my email at support or at Jesse Gersenson by pm in this forum :(
Don

Post by Don »

beram wrote:
M ANSARI wrote:
Adam Hair wrote:

[MODERATION]

Thanks,
Adam, Julien, Miguel

Well good to hear it worked for you Majd, but for me I still havent had any single reaction after my email at support or at Jesse Gersenson by pm in this forum :(
Bram,

Send me an email at my private email address.

Don
Capital punishment would be more effective as a preventive measure if it were administered prior to the crime.
Richard Allbert

Re: Komodo release

Post by Richard Allbert »

So sorry to read that. :(
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Adam Hair wrote:

[MODERATION]

Thanks,
Adam, Julien, Miguel

leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Seriously, does ANYONE know if the Chessbase multi-thread analysis issue I mentioned has been fixed for Komodo 6?
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Hi Brian, yeah I got confused initially as I tried to put 6 threads on my 6 core and kept getting errors. But if you just load the engine as the default one core and only then go and change the number of cpu's, then it seems to work fine.
leavenfish

Post by leavenfish »

Thanks much for the tip (!)...it does indeed seem to be a way around the problem under the last K5.2 release.
IanO

Re: Komodo release

Post by IanO »

Sad to hear of your problems, but happy to hear you working with Mark Lefler! I still have a NOW disk somewhere in my archives. Maybe Komodo will someday be renamed Zillions of Nodes! ;)

Bug report: your distribution bundle does not set the correct mode for the Mac executable. It is chmod 644 instead of 755. Same problem for the other executables, or it might be some security feature of the default Mac unarchiver...