Did you miss Borislav Ivanov?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

noctiferus

Did you miss Borislav Ivanov?

Post by noctiferus »

Hood

Re: Did you miss Borislav Ivanov?

Post by Hood »

There were the thread where was the analysis of a correalation of moves ,
where is it.

Nth found still. Organizer has payed him compensation.
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

I understand he should have won the tournament, as he was leading with an almost perfect score. He lost by 2 forfeits without play.

GM Guliev (I like in general the Azeri team, but I do not know if I like Guliev) did the same mean thing GM Dlugy did at Blagoevgrad: he used a method to throw off balance his opponent with unallowed ethically, and probably even legally contradictory steps. That is why I do not like to play human competitive chess: because it is not only a struggle of knowledge and skills, but also of wills, luck, nerves, under the belt punches, etc. Unfortunately, in many cases, just like this one, an under the belt punch decides the outcome.

The chessbase site is simply hilarious: the other day Borislav was using Houdini, and now suddenly he has switched to Stockfish.

It is a pity that people are sometimes so mean: taking one's shoes off is something very personal, especially when you are playing an intellectual game, and are not crossing dangerous country borders. Do not they have electronic detectors?

Again, I have one word: this was mean, an attempt to throw an honest person off balance.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:I understand he should have won the tournament, as he was leading with an almost perfect score. He lost by 2 forfeits without play.

GM Guliev (I like in general the Azeri team, but I do not know if I like Guliev) did the same mean thing GM Dlugy did at Blagoevgrad: he used a method to throw off balance his opponent with unallowed ethically, and probably even legally contradictory steps. That is why I do not like to play human competitive chess: because it is not only a struggle of knowledge and skills, but also of wills, luck, nerves, under the belt punches, etc. Unfortunately, in many cases, just like this one, an under the belt punch decides the outcome.

The chessbase site is simply hilarious: the other day Borislav was using Houdini, and now suddenly he has switched to Stockfish.

It is a pity that people are sometimes so mean: taking one's shoes off is something very personal, especially when you are playing an intellectual game, and are not crossing dangerous country borders. Do not they have electronic detectors?

Again, I have one word: this was mean, an attempt to throw an honest person off balance.
I strongly agree here my friend....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

I don't believe this.
At the time we did a little research and found that, unfortunately, there is a very low-tech way to cheat in chess: a modern Android or Apple smartphone easily fits into a shoe, and you can use your toes to send signals to the motion detector in the phone. Little wiggles will do it. Or the toe can be used to tap on the LED screen. The response of the phone would be short bursts of vibration. An app could handle the interface to a chess engine running on the device. So it is not really necessary to work out a very complicated communication system to explain how a player may be using computer assistance during a chess tournament.

also if someone believes this then are you saying that Borislav is beating all of these GMs with a phone and a phone chess program?

I don't believe the chessbase article.
I think someone should offer Boris $10,000 to play bare footed in the next big tournament.

also I wonder if their hand held scanners can pick up a receiver that was surgically implanted. so Boris would need a camera surgically placed to see the chess board that can send the moves out to a pc---and then a surgically placed receiver to get the moves from a program operator in the building next door. I assume there is a way to get by any scanner, maybe some type of material placed over the electronic device during the surgery.
It would be a lot to put your body through to get your GM rating or for the winning money.
maybe some day we will find out what he is doing.
I think Hollywood should make a movie about Boris and his chess shoes.

kgburcham
Milos

Post by Milos »

kgburcham wrote:I don't believe this.
At the time we did a little research and found that, unfortunately, there is a very low-tech way to cheat in chess: a modern Android or Apple smartphone easily fits into a shoe, and you can use your toes to send signals to the motion detector in the phone. Little wiggles will do it. Or the toe can be used to tap on the LED screen. The response of the phone would be short bursts of vibration. An app could handle the interface to a chess engine running on the device. So it is not really necessary to work out a very complicated communication system to explain how a player may be using computer assistance during a chess tournament.

also if someone believes this then are you saying that Borislav is beating all of these GMs with a phone and a phone chess program?

I think someone should offer Boris $10,000 to play bare footed in the next big tournament.

also I wonder if their hand held scanners can pick up a receiver that was surgically implanted. so Boris would need a camera surgically placed to see the chess board that can send the moves out to a pc---and then a surgically placed receiver to get the moves from a program operator in the building next door. I assume there is a way to get by any scanner, maybe some type of material placed over the electronic device during the surgery.
It would be a lot to put your body through to get your GM rating or for the winning money.

kgburcham
The amount of naivety and ignorance on this forum is really mind-boggling. :roll:
arjuntemurnikar

Post by arjuntemurnikar »

Kingscrusher annotated one of his games here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecWqrgYwg2Y.

Another video annotation by FM Valeri Lilov (a country mate of his) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr0J8SPENjM#t=65
Wowwazup

Post by Wowwazup »

Yes it's pretty obvious he is cheating
rcmaddox
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Post by rcmaddox »

Chessvibes has a more elaborate story.

http://www.chessvibes.com/borislav-ivan ... ing-banned
kgburcham

Post by kgburcham »

Milos wrote:
kgburcham wrote:I don't believe this.

kgburcham
The amount of naivety and ignorance on this forum is really mind-boggling. :roll:
but you Milos did not reply to the post, you just attempt to elevate yourself by lowering someone else's post. I am very interested in this thread and I wish you had kept it going instead of getting personal just reply and tell me where I am wrong. maybe you believe he is not cheating and is capable of beating these GMs,, I am perfectly ok with that, Boris has not been proven to cheat, the only thing we know about boris is he scans clean and he will not remove his shoes.
actually I would find it entertaining if Boris would play a tournament without shoes, and then win the tournament.
actually cheating in any sport and getting away with it reveals flaws that allow your opponents to cheat against you. my problem in competition is my opponents unwilling attitude to not cheat. In car racing you must try to get something passed the inspectors because the top 10 teams are also trying.

Milos don't be so rough with the low level guys,
kgburcham