Page 1 of 1

Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 pm
by JuLieN
It occurred in an episode of the Computer Chronicles, in 1985:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH7ifJKJpU

The Milton Bradley's robot dedicated unit is even presented in the beginning of the program.

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:29 pm
by Thomas Mayer
Hi Julian,

thanks for that jewel ! It's funny, I have a book which she and her husband wrote, but I have never seen her or even listened to her... interesting !

Greets, Thomas

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:45 pm
by Gerd Isenberg
Thomas Mayer wrote:Hi Julian,

thanks for that jewel ! It's funny, I have a book which she and her husband wrote, but I have never seen her or even listened to her... interesting !

Greets, Thomas
Hi Thomas,

not aware of cpw ? ;-)

Computer Chronicles: Computer Games (1985) from the Internet Archive, "Lady Sargon" introducing Sargon III for Macintosh at 4:10

https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Sargon
https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Kathe+Spracklen

Cheers,
Gerd

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:36 am
by JuLieN
Well, here's one more Computer Chronicle link for CPW, Gerd. ;)

Battle Chess being presented, starting around 8:30:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zObp2cyo_B0

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:14 am
by Gerd Isenberg
JuLieN wrote:Well, here's one more Computer Chronicle link for CPW, Gerd. ;)

Battle Chess being presented, starting around 8:30:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zObp2cyo_B0
Thanks! Oups the Battle Chess site need some update anyway.

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:51 am
by Thomas Mayer
Hi Gerd,
Gerd Isenberg wrote:
Thomas Mayer wrote:Hi Julian,

thanks for that jewel ! It's funny, I have a book which she and her husband wrote, but I have never seen her or even listened to her... interesting !

Greets, Thomas
Hi Thomas,

not aware of cpw ? ;-)
hehe, of course I am, but I was not aware that you even collect youtube links in the wiki... Anyway, I was interviewed in Graz 2003, I wonder whether that video exists as well. (That was the first day of the WCCC 2003 where smoking still was allowed at the tables, afaik that interview was one reason why they later forbid it... :)

Greets, Thomas

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:18 pm
by Gerd Isenberg
Thomas Mayer wrote: hehe, of course I am, but I was not aware that you even collect youtube links in the wiki... Anyway, I was interviewed in Graz 2003, I wonder whether that video exists as well. (That was the first day of the WCCC 2003 where smoking still was allowed at the tables, afaik that interview was one reason why they later forbid it... :)

Greets, Thomas
Ahh ... would be great to get that Graz-Video to youtube as well! Was is made by ChessBase or Austrian TV? So far, thanks to Ed Schroder, Julien Marcel, Thorsten Czub et al., there are some embedded on topic videos in cpw:

Overview
https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Videos

For instance
https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/WMCCC+1985
https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/WCCC+1986
https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Aegon+1997
https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/WCCC+1999

Re: Kathlen Spracklen's TV interview about Sargon (1985)

Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 pm
by mvk
JuLieN wrote:It occurred in an episode of the Computer Chronicles, in 1985:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH7ifJKJpU
Thanks for the video! Today I stumbled over this very nice well-written article by them:
http://www.atariarchives.org/deli/computer_chess.php