Movei, The Baron, and TSCP

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri Blass

Re: Movei, The Baron, and TSCP

Post by Uri Blass »

I am probably not going to respond to wrong claims against me again in this thread(I have other things to do).
The wrong claims may be deleted by the moderators so if somebody read them then I want to make things clear:

The claim that I tried for years unsucessfully to improve the TSCP data structures is obviously a wrong claim.

Most of the data structures from tscp were never in Movei and I improved many data structures in movei in the time that I developed the engine(that include data structures from tscp and data structures that were never in tscp).
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Movei, The Baron, and TSCP

Post by Sylwy »

Uri Blass wrote:
1.-I see that the baron is included in the scratch engines.
Note that I read that the baron started from tscp.

http://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/TSCP

Note that I started from some code from tscp but not from some working code(For example the code that I started did not include something of the evaluation function of tscp) so it is not the same for movei.

2.-I do not claim that the version of baron that you test is similiar to tscp
but it may be interesting to know results by the similiarity tool.
1.-The Baron 2.23, I don't know !
2.-The Baron 3.xx series is a dream. Nothing similar in the clone army ! :lol:

SilvianR :wink:
Macumba

Re: Which are the chess engines written from scratch ?

Post by Macumba »

Adam Hair wrote: So it is despicable to speak up and say "Why I am being excluded when this person did something similar and is not excluded?"
Yes, it is. Richard did not do something similar. Baron did not copy code from TSCP. Movei did.
Adam Hair wrote: Where has Uri committed libel against Richard? Certainly not in the post that you first responded to.
Yes, it is. Baron did not copy code from TSCP. Movei began from TSCP data structures.
Adam Hair wrote: You have not offered one shred of proof for this charge. I am asking for you to do it. If you make no attempt, then your repeated accusations can be considered libel.
Yes, I did. Blass openly said during years in this forum the usage of TSCP and how he did not succeed to improve his engine.
Adam Hair wrote: I am not justifying Uri's posts. I have been looking at Uri's posts and at Richard's words on the subject, and from that I judge that you have been over-reacting.
By the sequence of your answers, I conclude: Yes. Over-reacting if I see such a nonsense from Blass. Normally, I prefer not to read him. But , sometimes it is very nasty the way how he tries to justify his engine. In short, you rule as a moderator. Nothing that I can do. Again, if you consider it, you can ban me. Nothing to loose, excepting you save me of reading the forum and Blass posts. Thanks.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Macumba wrote: In short, you rule as a moderator. Nothing that I can do. Again, if you consider it, you can ban me. Nothing to loose, excepting you save me of reading the forum and Blass posts. Thanks.
He is a moderator with no mandate. The last election was cancelled midway with no explanation given to forum members or any proposal to resolve the current(post cancelled election) dictatorship.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Macumba wrote:
Adam Hair wrote: So it is despicable to speak up and say "Why I am being excluded when this person did something similar and is not excluded?"
Yes, it is. Richard did not do something similar. Baron did not copy code from TSCP. Movei did.
Adam Hair wrote: Where has Uri committed libel against Richard? Certainly not in the post that you first responded to.
Yes, it is. Baron did not copy code from TSCP. Movei began from TSCP data structures.
Adam Hair wrote: You have not offered one shred of proof for this charge. I am asking for you to do it. If you make no attempt, then your repeated accusations can be considered libel.
Yes, I did. Blass openly said during years in this forum the usage of TSCP and how he did not succeed to improve his engine.
Adam Hair wrote: I am not justifying Uri's posts. I have been looking at Uri's posts and at Richard's words on the subject, and from that I judge that you have been over-reacting.
By the sequence of your answers, I conclude: Yes. Over-reacting if I see such a nonsense from Blass. Normally, I prefer not to read him. But , sometimes it is very nasty the way how he tries to justify his engine. In short, you rule as a moderator. Nothing that I can do. Again, if you consider it, you can ban me. Nothing to loose, excepting you save me of reading the forum and Blass posts. Thanks.
There is one author, Uri Blass, who described what he did with his engine. It is not appropriate to deny his statements without any proof, attacking him, and subtly mention that he is not a real programmer. I said that already, Adam warned you already, but you keep going. I am going to lock this thread because it is only serving to attack him. Please, stop it (that is, do not continue it in the main thread from which this is a branch).

Miguel