Dear all TCEC fans: New website up. Season 6 -> 7th of Fe

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: Dear all TCEC fans: New website up. Season 6 -> 7th o

Post by M ANSARI »

Looks great! I really like the archived games where you look up some of the older games, didn't really know how to pull those games out previously. There were some pretty amazing games in that database. I think even the very top humans can simply look in amazement at some of those games. Look forward to season 6! What will the hardware and time control for season 6?

I am hoping that all top 3 engines ... SF, Houdini and Komodo have really strong versions by then. I can't imagine any other engine reaching the top 3 but would be a nice surprise! It is hard to see SF not winning this as it seems to be improving the most, but I feel that Houdini in season 5 was tinkered around with too much and was not setup properly for that type of hardware and time control and all the last minute tinkering most likely backfired ... so might be something there. As for Komodo ... really don't know how much of an improvement there is as unfortunately Don is not here with us anymore to give us latest updates, so progress there is still a mystery.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Martin Thoresen wrote:
Uri Blass wrote: Can I find there the games(with depth of the programs) of the previous season?

I would like to see the positions that stockfish got maximal depth in that season because I am interested to know if there are practical positions that new stockfish(that is using more aggressive null move pruning) get depth 100 that is the maximal depth and I need the games for it.
Hi Uri,

You can select "Archive mode" in the File menu to see all previous games.
Thanks.
sicilianquake87

Post by sicilianquake87 »

Maybe a new Critter version can also reach the top 3. :wink:
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

(Just an example configuration; 150% zoom in 1366*768 resolution.)
Regards, Mike
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

M ANSARI wrote:Looks great! What will the hardware and time control for season 6?
Thanks!

Same hardware as previous Season (16 cores, ponder off), time control will be the same as well: 120' + 30". Only difference now is that the RAM has been upgraded so each engine can now use up to 16 GB hash.