Have you Ever Heard of Kchess Elite 4, aussie program??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gerd Isenberg

Re: Have you Ever Heard of Kchess Elite 4, aussie program??

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

fern wrote:Thanks, Gerd, I have already forgotten most of that stuff.
BTW, it is a shame, but I have never had the chance to play your program...
Where I can get one of them'

Fern
What a pity. The Dos program was commercial, there was an English version from EuroChess/Stamer in the 90s, able to play a simul with up to 10 boards. Out of stock, and rights elsewhere. The Windows program, initially intended as commercial successor has a never finished proprietary GUI with none licensed external Windows GUI lib for docking windows etc., able to play some tournaments over the board, no Winboard/UCI at all. If I once finish my new program, maybe if I am retired from my programmers job in a few years, and cpw is "ready" or has become a new primary editor, I will consider to publish it ;-)

Gerd
fern

Post by fern »

Yep, what a pity.....
I do handle DOS programs with D-Fend Reloaded, some of them as old as CM2000, Socrates, Kasparov gambit, etc.
I wonder if you have some DOS version of yours you could send to me.
If not, then WHAT A PITY, compelled to wait until the conditions you posed as necessary for a new program gets real.

what a pity regards
Fern
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:KChess Elite has became a favorite rival for me. Enough strong to put serious opposition, enough weak to give a chance to win. It has lot of features and all in all is a great product.
Nevertheless, for many reasons never was reviewed seriously here or elsewhere. It is somewhat unfair.
Perhaps you should resurrect it and play it to compare notes, Doc...
You certainly are stronger player than me so your opinion would be valuable.

Taking Losartan every day regards
14.7 -9.4 blood pressure regards
Fern
I promise to do that the first chance I have Fern :D

Sartans are a great choice for lowering the blood pressure regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
fern

Post by fern »

hey, doc, how bad is for a 65 years old guy that 14,7 pressure?
F
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

fern wrote:KChess Elite has became a favorite rival for me. Enough strong to put serious opposition, enough weak to give a chance to win. It has lot of features and all in all is a great product.
Nevertheless, for many reasons never was reviewed seriously here or elsewhere. It is somewhat unfair.

Fern
Fern have you tried Der Bringer? I think you would like this program, and it even comes with its own GUI.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

fern wrote:hey, doc, how bad is for a 65 years old guy that 14,7 pressure?
F
It'a acceptable if there are no other chronic diseases in the background....

A tough estimation made from a long distance regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Robert Flesher wrote:

Fern
Fern have you tried Der Bringer? I think you would like this program, and it even comes with its own GUI.
NagaSkaki is another with its own GUI, plus it has several "personalities" with different styles of play. Rating is around 2150.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, I have played it. It has a pretty gui and services, and nevertheless, for some reason I have never appreciated it enough to have it in my desktop.
It is a 2300 player I believe?

fern
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

fern wrote:Yes, I have played it. It has a pretty gui and services, and nevertheless, for some reason I have never appreciated it enough to have it in my desktop.
It is a 2300 player I believe?

fern

I am not sure of its rating, but I have had some great games against it. It allows me to get massive attacks, but if I make a mistake, I lose. Depending on the evening and the amount of Scotch I have consumed, it's hard to tell who is better. Try it again if you get the chance.