New Moron 4.5 Special Edition

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Re: New Moron 4.5 Special Edition

Post by fern »

I understand your doubts and I agree that the longitude of the code could awake some suspicions. But I can ensure you this code was written from scratch.
We are already working in a shoter one to evaporate any thought of the knd.

Thanks

Support Dept.
Moron Company
fern

Post by fern »

Its a deal.....´
Welcome to the company.

Fern
Michel

Post by Michel »

I agree that the longitude of the code could awake some suspicions.
:-) :-) :-) :-)
Henk

Post by Henk »

Reminds me of the sixties when they developed chess programs with round piece (square) tables when smoking cannabis.
fern

Post by fern »

cannabis?
Not my case.
I developed my engine drinking wine.

Fern
mephisto

Post by mephisto »

Sorry Fern

I always thought you where a man of integrity, a man of honour.
But Bob Hyatt after hours of examination of your Moron code thinks that it is 98% the same as my old chess program, Retard.

Let's look at Bob's evidence shall we?

RETARD
10 write "Welcome to Retard", make your move"
20 If anything played, write "abandon"

MORON
10 write "Hi, welcome to Moron", make your move"
20 If anything played, write "I abandon"

Look at line 10 and we see the only difference between Retard and Moran is that you have added "Hi" to your code.

In line 20 you've used my code again except this time you've added "I"

Fern, you can't just add the odd statement and call the code yours and because of this I have asked David Levy to strip you of your 1945 World CC Championships title and return the 100 Pesos prise money back to the ICCF.

Personally I feel hurt and let down what you have done to me, especially after the false alibi you asked me to give to the Chilean police about you know what!!

Bryan
What's my next move? - to the fridge for another beer !!
Henk

Post by Henk »

fern wrote:cannabis?
Not my case.
I developed my engine drinking wine.

Fern
I was just watching on TV an interview with a writer where the interviewer said that most writers have a drinking problem.
fern

Post by fern »

Bryan:
I am sorry we must meet each other in such sad circumstances as these, where and when you are giving to all the community a show of bad faith or, maybe worst, of an advanced case of Alzheimer disease.

Of course line 20 of my program is similar to yours as much it is already a common place of chess programming, a commodity. Nobody has a need to reinvent the wheel, should we?
Respect line 10, you yourself has recognized the difference , which is, in my judgement, of the utmost importance. The absence of "Hi" in your line introduced a dangerous and in fact lethal bug that gave to your awful engine the bad reputation ut has always had.
It is very sad people is not capable of recognizing a flash of genius when they see one.
In any case, as much your accusations can harm my reputation here, my lawyers are already preparing a case to sue you in NY city, this year.
If that court favors you, as so many times is the case when an american citizen is challenged by someone like me, from a tiny country, I have already put in red alert my horde of Serbian servants, people of very bad character, all of them.

Retarded regards
Fern
fern

Post by fern »

That is truth, but in my case I have no problem with drinking, exception made when I have nothing at hand to drink.

Cheers regards
Fern
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

fern wrote:That is truth, but in my case I have no problem with drinking, exception made when I have nothing at hand to drink.

Cheers regards
Fern
:lol: