Rebel TNG (version 1.0) approximately 2950....

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kaj Soderberg

Re: Rebel TNG (version 1.0) approximately 2950....

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

Rebel wrote:
F.Huber wrote:
peter wrote: In immortalchess- forum already at 30th of march the theory of Stockfish as a second engine arised.
:shock:
That's not a theory, that's a fact!

The file 'prodeo.pat' in the 'eoc' folder is in fact an UPX-packed Stockfish engine (which is called by RebelTNG), and if you set your system date to any day in May and start RebelTNG you'll see the truth:
it opens a text-file and the above mentioned website (which has now been removed though) showing that this 'RebelTNG' is just a joke.

Franz
Boy, you guys are good, but I never underestimated you, well done... The link is restored. To be complete: open the file "prodeo.pat" into a hex-editor, replace the first 2 bytes with "MZ", save it as an executable and run it.
So, after May 1, when ik change my Windows system date to < May 1, i can still use the Rebel TNG in its original glory, right?

This would of course be for the fun of playing with an interesting concept, the joke aside. I hope there can be a second go to see what effects are possible.

Cheers,
Kaj
Rebel

Re: Rebel TNG (version 1.0) approximately 2950....

Post by Rebel »

Kaj Soderberg wrote:
Rebel wrote:
F.Huber wrote:
peter wrote: In immortalchess- forum already at 30th of march the theory of Stockfish as a second engine arised.
:shock:
That's not a theory, that's a fact!

The file 'prodeo.pat' in the 'eoc' folder is in fact an UPX-packed Stockfish engine (which is called by RebelTNG), and if you set your system date to any day in May and start RebelTNG you'll see the truth:
it opens a text-file and the above mentioned website (which has now been removed though) showing that this 'RebelTNG' is just a joke.

Franz
Boy, you guys are good, but I never underestimated you, well done... The link is restored. To be complete: open the file "prodeo.pat" into a hex-editor, replace the first 2 bytes with "MZ", save it as an executable and run it.
So, after May 1, when ik change my Windows system date to < May 1, i can still use the Rebel TNG in its original glory, right?
Yes you can :wink: