[OT] CTF elections

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Daniel Shawul

[OT] CTF elections

Post by Daniel Shawul »

If you ever felt like going to CTF but found the place repulsive, your best chances are with:

Thorsten Czub, Daniel Shawul, Henk Van Den Belt (alt - Aleks Peshkov)

This I say because the current moderation (our opponents) have been there so you get what you used to get. If you want change, vote for us and we will do our best to clean up the place according to the charter. I am posting this here because I know there are programmers, chess enthusiasts, who would like to use CTF as a sort of 'lounge' (as it should be) to discuss things other than chess such as science, politics, religion etc...

Daniel
michiguel

Re: [OT] CTF elections

Post by michiguel »

[MODERATION]
We made this a sticky, so the "ad" stays, but it would wise to lead possible discussions to CTF. We are not locking it for now, so the teams could say here something else, but that is about it. We may lock it soon if needed.

Miguel
gerold

Post by gerold »

Daniel Shawul wrote:If you ever felt like going to CTF but found the place repulsive, your best chances are with:

This I say because the current moderation (our opponents) have been there so you get what you used to get. If you want change, vote for us and we will do our best to clean up the place according to the charter. I am posting this here because I know there are programmers, chess enthusiasts, who would like to use CTF as a sort of 'lounge' (as it should be) to discuss things other than chess such as science, politics, religion etc...

Daniel
CTF is a good place to discuss Chess and have a good Chess game now and then. Also good place to discuss science,politics,religion,and any other subject one wants to discuss. CTF have the very best Mods now. Nice not to be over moderated.

Best,
Gerold.
Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

Daniel Shawul wrote:we will do our best to clean up the place according to the charter.
Clean up what exactly - one post you didn't like? We didn't like it either but there is no rule 6 in the charter giving moderators power to remove anything they happen to find personally disagreeable.

A challenge for you or anyone else: look over the other threads in CTF and list the ones you would have "cleaned up according to the charter" and why. Go back as far as you like. If CTF is such a cesspool this should be an impressive collection and it will be easy to show exactly which rules were violated.

Prove your case. Post the list.

-Sam-
dj

Post by dj »

Daniel Shawul wrote:If you ever felt like going to CTF but found the place repulsive, your best chances are with:

Daniel
You tread the path trodden many times by shallow electioneers all over the world- innuendo and vague, undefined promises of producing something better
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Sam Hull wrote:
Daniel Shawul wrote:we will do our best to clean up the place according to the charter.
Clean up what exactly
Maybe the forum from Trolls :)

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 00&t=48634
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

E.g. Moderating dozens of racistic postings against black people, homosexuals and democrats.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Sam Hull
Full name: Sam Hull

Post by Sam Hull »

mclane wrote:E.g. Moderating dozens of racistic postings against black people, homosexuals and democrats.
There are plenty that were removed to the moderation archive. Where is your list of the "dozens" you think violate the charter but are still on the board?

-Sam-
K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams »

dj wrote:

Daniel
You tread the path trodden many times by shallow electioneers all over the world- innuendo and vague, undefined promises of producing something better
Agreed. The trouble is that such things are often sufficient, especially when accompanied by an own goal.
fern

Post by fern »

You, with this post, show very well what you really are under your cover of "illuminatti". It is a known -and deleterious- kind because there is no scarcity of guys proclaiming to be the "great cleaners", but in fact being full of hatred and wanting to "clean" the people they hate. You are the typical petty fanatic seeing dirt everywhere and trying to exploit similar feelings in some other frustrate guys to take a place and install a preposterous tyranny, kind of microscopic Hitler.
You cannot wait the moment where you could "moderate" all the people you hate there. That day, I hope, will not arrive.
BTW, nobody thinking that CTF is a "cesspool" should ever go there, to begin with. And nobody that regularly post there should select a person that think that way of themselves.
I do not care if I am a moderator or not, but clearly bad days will come to CTF is you ever get chosen.
Begin, first, to moderate your hatred and that persecution feeling that you are mistreated because you are African from some part of that prosperous place.