Christophe Theron

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

TShackel

Christophe Theron

Post by TShackel »

Hi. Is Christophe Theron still around this board? I bought chess tiger 14.0 with chessbase several years ago and have lost my cd and changed my computer from what it used to run on. So I was wondering if you might be able to email me a UCI version of gambit tiger 2.0 to my email address I gave you in your private messages. It would be really great if I could get the classic engine back.

Thanks for your time.

Tim.
ernest

Re: Christophe Theron

Post by ernest »

CT14 never was a UCI engine, but was running under the ChessPartner GUI.

You should inquire at Lokasoft: http://www.lokasoft.nl/
Kaj Soderberg

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

ernest wrote:CT14 never was a UCI engine, but was running under the ChessPartner GUI.

You should inquire at Lokasoft: http://www.lokasoft.nl/
CT14 was also running natively under the Chessbase GUI.
Only CT 2007 was available as both a native ChessPartner and a UCI engine.
Lokasoft does not distribute CT anymore.

The best try IMO is sending a pm to Christophe, as he is a member of this forum..

Best regards,
Kaj
TShackel

Post by TShackel »

Thanks both of you. I got in touch with christophe theron via email and he said he never developed gambit tiger 2.0 for UCI. But then again I did see that Chess Tiger 2007 was made into a UCI engine however. Although they no longer sell it at lokasoft after I checked their website. And Chess Tiger 15.0 is no longer sold by chessbase either. I'm disappointed because Gambit Tiger 2.0 was by far the best attacker of the king I have ever seen, and much better than Junior. However, it is not overall as strong as the top engines now because it makes many positional weaknesses etc. However, when Garry Kasparov is making some of his best sacrifices, only Gambit Tiger was able to see what he was doing.

Thanks.

Tim
jmartus

Post by jmartus »

Just download the latest daily stockfish build and put aggressiveness at 190 and you have the same thing.
TShackel

Post by TShackel »

To Norbert Leisner. Thanks for your private message about Chess Tiger 14.0. Did you get my message and email address?

Thanks for your help.

Tim.
Norbert Raimund Leisner

Post by Norbert Raimund Leisner »

Yes of course, Tim!

General informations contain the websites:

http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ct14.htm
(French page about ChessBase Tiger 14 + Gambit Tiger 2)

http://seagaard.dk/review/eng/sw_databa ... W-Database
(Chess Assistant 7 database system)

I had a similar problem with data carriers of CA 8 which are no longer recognized by the PC device for CD-ROMs/DVD-ROMs.

You cannot copy / transfer the whole CA from one place to another
(copy protection mechanism) - in each case a new installation is required.

Best wishes,
Norbert
Charles Browne

Post by Charles Browne »

I bought a used copy of ChessTiger 14 (Chessbase version) from Medimops in Germany and got it in the mail today.

On the installation disc is a 27 MB file named Tiger14.pro. Anyone know what this file is? Is it the Tiger opening book? The leaflet included with the installation disc makes reference to a special opening book for ChessTiger 14 named ct.tbk and this ct.tbk file wasn't installed and it isn't on the installation disc.

If the Tiger14.pro file is the engine book does it go in the Engines directory where the engines were installed?
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

Charles Browne wrote: On the installation disc is a 27 MB file named Tiger14.pro. Anyone know what this file is? Is it the Tiger opening book?
No, this is a copy protection file. The GUI checks this file when asking for the original CD.

Franz
Charles Browne

Post by Charles Browne »

F.Huber wrote:No, this is a copy protection file. The GUI checks this file when asking for the original CD.

Franz
O.K., Thank you for the info!

On further searching it turns out there were some Rebel version Chesstiger books by Jeroen Noomen that could be used with the Chessbase engines; just they weren't included on the Chessbase C.D.