Busted

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Busted

Post by AdminX »

Nice to know they are now using something. I was starting to think it (Anti-Cheating Tech) did not exist. I am sure I have been cheated in at least one of my games. Thank god most players are fair. #FideChessOnline

Last edited by AdminX on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Re: Busted

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Good catch. I don't get it though - why bother to cheat if you enjoy playing chess? It gains you absolutely nothing except bragging rights (if you aren't caught).
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Martin Thoresen wrote:Good catch. I don't get it though - why bother to cheat if you enjoy playing chess? It gains you absolutely nothing except bragging rights (if you aren't caught).
I totally agree, I have better things to do than play postman for my computer.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Sean Evans »

Martin Thoresen wrote:Good catch. I don't get it though - why bother to cheat if you enjoy playing chess? It gains you absolutely nothing except bragging rights (if you aren't caught).
This has been discussed for ages on the Internet. ICS is a large dark scary place where the small fish get eaten whole! So, players (C)heat to increase their ELO and they feel empowered. (C)heating is like taking steroids, once you start it is hard to stop due to ego!

I have caught and reported several (C)heaters in my Internet chess career. It is a plaque that threatens to ruin the integrity of Internet chess! See Doctor Unclear.

Cordially,

Sean