Phalanx XXIII

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dan Andersson

Re: Phalanx XXIII

Post by Dan Andersson »

Thanks! I'm stoked to see you working on Phalanx. After polishing and fixing leaks I look forward to some careful Hot Rodding :)
Charly

Post by Charly »

Hi Dusan,

I was also surprised by Kd2. I wonder if other engines find it in this position, at this time control. I will check when I'll have the time (my PC runs the leagues, so not for now)

For the rating list, I must explain you how I did it. I tested this summer many engines (see "Alphabetical Tournaments" in the left menu on my site). BUT, they played too few games for the moment (you can check the number of games played in the "Rating list"). I think that the Rating list will be more reliable when the engines will have played more mixed games,let's say in 2 or 3 cycles => few monthes :roll:

For the moment, AnMon 5.75 is ahead of Phalanx XXIII in the current tournament (sorry...) : AnMon 5.75 = 11.5/21 ; Phalanx XXIII = 7.5/22 . The results will be published tomorrow.

Anyway, I have seen some beautiful king attacks by Phalanx XXIII in the tournament ! I DO love this engine for many years, and I'm sure you will improve it !

Best regards,

Arnaud Loheac

ACCC (Arnaud's Computer Chess Corner)
http://aloheac.perso.neuf.fr/
Jamal Bubker

Post by Jamal Bubker »

děkuji Dusan 8-)