Chess for Android - set time controls?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MagnersCarlsbergsen

Re: Chess for Android - set time controls?

Post by MagnersCarlsbergsen »

petero2 wrote:
hgm wrote:
petero2 wrote:There are some buggy engines that incorrectly believe that UCI options are case sensitive though. A workaround for those buggy engines have been implemented in the development version of DroidFish.
Could there be any reason not to send the options back to the engine in exactly the same way as they were announced?
In DroidFish I store all options in lowercase because there are some options that I need to detect because they need special handling in the GUI (such as Ponder), and because the name is case insensitive I don't know if that is reported as "ponder", "Ponder", "PONDER" or something else.

It is of course no problem to send the options back to the engine using the same capitalization as the engine reported. I just did not know there were engines that got this wrong, so I did not bother to do it like that in the first implementation.
Apologies, Peter! I just installed the developmental version of Droidfish you linked in the older thread and you're right - it all works perfectly.

Great now that both Droidfish and PGN Master have this functionality.