Taipan 1.0 - an extremely strong chess engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Taipan 1.0 - an extremely strong chess engine

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Modern Times wrote:
op12no2 wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:Nowadays some makes an engine in less than a year or faster and it's 3100 +.
And some of us make an engine in less than a year or faster and it's 2100 - :)
And some of us can't make one at all !! I really admire the skills people have just to make an engine play legal moves and a full game, let alone one that plays strongly.
+1

BTW,you can ask the author of this thread for assistance if you're interested in creating a +3300 Elo chess engine in less than 24h :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

Modern Times wrote:
op12no2 wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:Nowadays some makes an engine in less than a year or faster and it's 3100 +.
And some of us can't make one at all !! I really admire the skills people have just to make an engine play legal moves and a full game, let alone one that plays strongly.
Hi Ray,

One of the things I plan to do with with my web based stuff is allow the eval function to be specified by users (Javascript can handle that). It'll still involve writing some code but in a straight-forward and well documented manner; lots of helper functions and example evals. No platform/compile worries - just algorithms. The idea being to allow non-programmers to try out their ideas and pit their creations against one another. My goal with Lozza is not ELO (however seductive) but more, a useful/fun set of tools... Well see :)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

op12no2 wrote:
Modern Times wrote:
op12no2 wrote:
Hi Ray,

One of the things I plan to do with with my web based stuff is allow the eval function to be specified by users (Javascript can handle that). It'll still involve writing some code but in a straight-forward and well documented manner; lots of helper functions and example evals. No platform/compile worries - just algorithms. The idea being to allow non-programmers to try out their ideas and pit their creations against one another. My goal with Lozza is not ELO (however seductive) but more, a useful/fun set of tools... Well see :)
A great idea....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….