Rating lists [CC-History]

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Vinvin
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Rating lists [CC-History]

Post by Vinvin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I maintain the grand unified rating list for a couple of years now ( http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 253#596253 ).

However, when browsing some other rating lists a feel they have some pluses in the historical point of view :
Many games with weak engines but fast TC : http://adamsccpages.blogspot.be/p/also- ... -list.html
Old table-top programs : http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste
Old programs + different CPUs : http://ssdf.bosjo.net/long.txt
A lot of old engines strong and weak : http://rwbc-chess.de/Ratings/Ratings.htm
+ a site with a lot of tournaments between old engines but no complete rating list : http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... ui/sui.htm

Btw, I'd like to get the PGN files with all games for 2 last sites (33756 games for RWBC, unknown for "lefouduroi" )

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3107
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Rating lists [CC-History]

Post by Guenther » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Vinvin wrote:I maintain the grand unified rating list for a couple of years now ( http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 253#596253 ).

However, when browsing some other rating lists a feel they have some pluses in the historical point of view :
Many games with weak engines but fast TC : http://adamsccpages.blogspot.be/p/also- ... -list.html
Old table-top programs : http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste
Old programs + different CPUs : http://ssdf.bosjo.net/long.txt
A lot of old engines strong and weak : http://rwbc-chess.de/Ratings/Ratings.htm
+ a site with a lot of tournaments between old engines but no complete rating list : http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... ui/sui.htm

Btw, I'd like to get the PGN files with all games for 2 last sites (33756 games for RWBC, unknown for "lefouduroi" )
I will try what I can do, I didn't even know that the complete game file is not available for downlod anymore. After learning from my own site and logs it seems it was only available on demand in the end.
IIRC there were several cases of abuse of my game collection and RWBC in total. In one or two cases there was a complete copying/mirroring of rating lists and games and of the whole chronology pages.(even closed my site completely inbetween)
Note that I had OS changes, computer changes and HD changes and I have currently no idea if that file exists somewhere(backups) or if it must be compiled from hundreds of single files now...which I probably would not like to do.
At least there is no such file at its usual place, which had been the BayesElo folder for calculating the ratings with a batch.

Guenther

User avatar
Ajedrecista
Posts: 1401
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain.
Contact:

Re: Rating lists [CC-History].

Post by Ajedrecista » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Hello Vincent:
Vinvin wrote:[...]

A lot of old engines strong and weak : http://rwbc-chess.de/Ratings/Ratings.htm
+ a site with a lot of tournaments between old engines but no complete rating list : http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... ui/sui.htm

Btw, I'd like to get the PGN files with all games for 2 last sites (33756 games for RWBC, unknown for "lefouduroi" )
I have just found some PGNs at Le Fou numérique site. Please visit the following URL:

Liste des fichiers à télécharger

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.

Vinvin
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Rating lists [CC-History]

Post by Vinvin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Guenther wrote:
Vinvin wrote:I maintain the grand unified rating list for a couple of years now ( http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 253#596253 ).

However, when browsing some other rating lists a feel they have some pluses in the historical point of view :
Many games with weak engines but fast TC : http://adamsccpages.blogspot.be/p/also- ... -list.html
Old table-top programs : http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste
Old programs + different CPUs : http://ssdf.bosjo.net/long.txt
A lot of old engines strong and weak : http://rwbc-chess.de/Ratings/Ratings.htm
+ a site with a lot of tournaments between old engines but no complete rating list : http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... ui/sui.htm

Btw, I'd like to get the PGN files with all games for 2 last sites (33756 games for RWBC, unknown for "lefouduroi" )
I will try what I can do, I didn't even know that the complete game file is not available for downlod anymore. After learning from my own site and logs it seems it was only available on demand in the end.
IIRC there were several cases of abuse of my game collection and RWBC in total. In one or two cases there was a complete copying/mirroring of rating lists and games and of the whole chronology pages.(even closed my site completely inbetween)
Note that I had OS changes, computer changes and HD changes and I have currently no idea if that file exists somewhere(backups) or if it must be compiled from hundreds of single files now...which I probably would not like to do.
At least there is no such file at its usual place, which had been the BayesElo folder for calculating the ratings with a batch.

Guenther
Thanks for your effort, Guenther.
On this page http://rwbc-chess.de/Replay/rwbc.htm, there are 17928 games. There still a lot to get "33756" as stating on the rating page.

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3107
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Rating lists [CC-History]

Post by Guenther » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Vinvin wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Vinvin wrote:I maintain the grand unified rating list for a couple of years now ( http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 253#596253 ).

However, when browsing some other rating lists a feel they have some pluses in the historical point of view :
Many games with weak engines but fast TC : http://adamsccpages.blogspot.be/p/also- ... -list.html
Old table-top programs : http://www.schach-computer.info/wiki/in ... -Elo-Liste
Old programs + different CPUs : http://ssdf.bosjo.net/long.txt
A lot of old engines strong and weak : http://rwbc-chess.de/Ratings/Ratings.htm
+ a site with a lot of tournaments between old engines but no complete rating list : http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... ui/sui.htm

Btw, I'd like to get the PGN files with all games for 2 last sites (33756 games for RWBC, unknown for "lefouduroi" )
I will try what I can do, I didn't even know that the complete game file is not available for downlod anymore. After learning from my own site and logs it seems it was only available on demand in the end.
IIRC there were several cases of abuse of my game collection and RWBC in total. In one or two cases there was a complete copying/mirroring of rating lists and games and of the whole chronology pages.(even closed my site completely inbetween)
Note that I had OS changes, computer changes and HD changes and I have currently no idea if that file exists somewhere(backups) or if it must be compiled from hundreds of single files now...which I probably would not like to do.
At least there is no such file at its usual place, which had been the BayesElo folder for calculating the ratings with a batch.

Guenther
Thanks for your effort, Guenther.
On this page http://rwbc-chess.de/Replay/rwbc.htm, there are 17928 games. There still a lot to get "33756" as stating on the rating page.
I could compile a matching file finally! I even found 72 games at same conditions which never were added to the final sample as I only updated
the chronology pages for a further year.
I will make it available tomorrow or on Thursday. BTW the final 72 games were just a match between Mint and PolarEngine to prove a point in a thread at CCC.

Very interesting old stuff which also influences your list. You should consider splitting into ponder on/off lists as some programs had severe bugs
in pondering games as shown for Mint in that thread.

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31546

Guenther

P.S.

You also have to decide if you wanna eliminate the ghost entry which was no. 1 at that time, when I had bad feelings about using Robbolito and also did not recognize Tankist_11 immediately as a plain copy of the given Robbolito version. Later I decided to merge both as they were practically the same entity, but I renamed it to ###_T11/R0085e4.
The asterisk in my rating list says:
(*)This entry is a merge of two very similar engines,one a suspected clone, the other a clone of the first one.
Please note also:
Copyright note: The file is free to use for private purposes. If games or positions from this collection will be posted in the net
with non commercial interest you must name the original source. Publishing the games in other collections and any
commercial usage is prohibited without the permission of the owner of the RWBC site.
Last edited by Guenther on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vinvin
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Rating lists [CC-History].

Post by Vinvin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Ajedrecista wrote:Hello Vincent:
Vinvin wrote:[...]

A lot of old engines strong and weak : http://rwbc-chess.de/Ratings/Ratings.htm
+ a site with a lot of tournaments between old engines but no complete rating list : http://lefouduroi.pagesperso-orange.fr/ ... ui/sui.htm

Btw, I'd like to get the PGN files with all games for 2 last sites (33756 games for RWBC, unknown for "lefouduroi" )
I have just found some PGNs at Le Fou numérique site. Please visit the following URL:

Liste des fichiers à télécharger

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
Thanks Jesus, there are 13'183 games in PGN files there.
But there are also 397'465 games here http://americanfoot.free.fr/echecs/ :-)

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3107
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Rating lists [CC-History]

Post by Guenther » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:22 pm

The file should be available now! Just go to the 'Ratings' page and there is a link for the download. It is a 7zippd pgn file of around 16MB.
May be you need a refresh, as the site wasn't updated before for 5 years.

Guenther

User avatar
Guenther
Posts: 3107
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 am
Location: Regensburg, Germany
Full name: Guenther Simon
Contact:

Re: Rating lists [CC-History].

Post by Guenther » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:40 am

Vincent, how do you get the W-L-D column output in BayesElo or is this a special version?

Guenther

Code: Select all

Rank Name                                      Elo      Diff     +       -      Games  Score     Oppo.  Draws    Win           W-L-D 
   1 Komodo 8 64-bit 4CPU                   3400.05     0.00   11.47   11.47     2369  69.40%  3275.81  48.97%  44.91%      1064-145-1160
   2 Stockfish 5 64-bit 4CPU                3375.84   -24.21    9.60    9.60     3248  65.92%  3275.98  52.65%  39.59%      1286-252-1710
   3 Houdini 4 64-bit 4CPU                  3364.79   -11.05    9.40    9.40     3505  63.81%  3272.37  46.88%  40.37%      1415-447-1643
   4 Komodo 7 64-bit 4CPU                   3352.04   -12.75   11.97   11.97     2005  61.30%  3281.79  56.06%  33.27%       667-214-1124

Vinvin
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Rating lists [CC-History].

Post by Vinvin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:45 am

Hello Guenther,
Ferdinand Mosca made this improvement, see here : http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... topic_view
Jim Ablett made the compile I use. It's no more available on-line. I'll put it on my web space tonight.
Guenther wrote:Vincent, how do you get the W-L-D column output in BayesElo or is this a special version?

Guenther

Code: Select all

Rank Name                                      Elo      Diff     +       -      Games  Score     Oppo.  Draws    Win           W-L-D 
   1 Komodo 8 64-bit 4CPU                   3400.05     0.00   11.47   11.47     2369  69.40%  3275.81  48.97%  44.91%      1064-145-1160
   2 Stockfish 5 64-bit 4CPU                3375.84   -24.21    9.60    9.60     3248  65.92%  3275.98  52.65%  39.59%      1286-252-1710
   3 Houdini 4 64-bit 4CPU                  3364.79   -11.05    9.40    9.40     3505  63.81%  3272.37  46.88%  40.37%      1415-447-1643
   4 Komodo 7 64-bit 4CPU                   3352.04   -12.75   11.97   11.97     2005  61.30%  3281.79  56.06%  33.27%       667-214-1124

Vinvin
Posts: 4390
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Rating lists [CC-History].

Post by Vinvin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:50 pm

The enhanced BayesElo is here : http://home.scarlet.be/vincentlejeune/bayeselo.7z
Vinvin wrote:Hello Guenther,
Ferdinand Mosca made this improvement, see here : http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... topic_view
Jim Ablett made the compile I use. It's no more available on-line. I'll put it on my web space tonight.
Guenther wrote:Vincent, how do you get the W-L-D column output in BayesElo or is this a special version?

Guenther

Code: Select all

Rank Name                                      Elo      Diff     +       -      Games  Score     Oppo.  Draws    Win           W-L-D 
   1 Komodo 8 64-bit 4CPU                   3400.05     0.00   11.47   11.47     2369  69.40%  3275.81  48.97%  44.91%      1064-145-1160
   2 Stockfish 5 64-bit 4CPU                3375.84   -24.21    9.60    9.60     3248  65.92%  3275.98  52.65%  39.59%      1286-252-1710
   3 Houdini 4 64-bit 4CPU                  3364.79   -11.05    9.40    9.40     3505  63.81%  3272.37  46.88%  40.37%      1415-447-1643
   4 Komodo 7 64-bit 4CPU                   3352.04   -12.75   11.97   11.97     2005  61.30%  3281.79  56.06%  33.27%       667-214-1124

Post Reply