Play Magnus Carlsen Android App Beta!?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Play Magnus Carlsen Android App Beta!?

Post by supersharp77 »

Anyone Play this game? How is it? What engine is he using? Thx AR :)

http://www.1mobile.com/play-magnus-chess-2341401.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description
Try out Play Magnus in beta version! We're working on a few things, and will publish updates regularly.
Want to test your chess skills against the World Champion of Chess? Now you can! Play Magnus offers you the opportunity to play chess against the official Magnus Carlsen "tuned" chess engine and gives you the chance to qualify to play Magnus Carlsen Live at a secret location! Play Magnus on your smartphone - it's free!
Play Magnus supports 1 player gameplay, while future versions will offer multiplayer functionality.
In the meantime, test your skills against challenging the Magnus Carlsen computer opponent and share with your friends to earn additional points!
Play Magnus offers exciting features, including:
- Magnus Carlsen tuned chess engine with general functionality
- Sharing functions
- Chance to qualify to Play Magnus Live at a secret location annually
Robert Flesher

Re: Play Magnus Carlsen Android App Beta!?

Post by Robert Flesher »

supersharp77 wrote:Anyone Play this game? How is it? What engine is he using? Thx AR :)

http://www.1mobile.com/play-magnus-chess-2341401.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description
Try out Play Magnus in beta version! We're working on a few things, and will publish updates regularly.
Want to test your chess skills against the World Champion of Chess? Now you can! Play Magnus offers you the opportunity to play chess against the official Magnus Carlsen "tuned" chess engine and gives you the chance to qualify to play Magnus Carlsen Live at a secret location! Play Magnus on your smartphone - it's free!
Play Magnus supports 1 player gameplay, while future versions will offer multiplayer functionality.
In the meantime, test your skills against challenging the Magnus Carlsen computer opponent and share with your friends to earn additional points!
Play Magnus offers exciting features, including:
- Magnus Carlsen tuned chess engine with general functionality
- Sharing functions
- Chance to qualify to Play Magnus Live at a secret location annually

I have it on the Ipad. It's a modified older version of Stockfish.
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Robert Flesher wrote:I have it on the Ipad. It's a modified older version of Stockfish.
Almost, but not quite. I couldn't use any Stockfish code for this because I don't hold copyright for all of is, so the engine in the current Play Magnus is based on Glaurung, the predecessor of Stockfish. I am working on a new and completely rewritten engine for a future version of Play Magnus, but this is still several months away.
Gurcan Uckardes

Post by Gurcan Uckardes »

I guess ~2500 on Android.
My blog for Android users: http://chesstroid.blogspot.com
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Tord Romstad wrote:
Robert Flesher wrote:I have it on the Ipad. It's a modified older version of Stockfish.
Almost, but not quite. I couldn't use any Stockfish code for this because I don't hold copyright for all of is, so the engine in the current Play Magnus is based on Glaurung, the predecessor of Stockfish. I am working on a new and completely rewritten engine for a future version of Play Magnus, but this is still several months away.

My mistake, oops! Keep up the good work!