Page 1 of 3

Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 pm
by JJJ
Houdini won't probably be updated anymore. So it's a matter of time before it get crushed by another engine than Komodo or Stockfish. But by who and when if you have to guess ?

It's taking time to see it beaten by another one... I don't know if Gull or Fire will be update soon or anymore , so maybe it has to be equinox ?

( Sorry If I didn't write well this message in english, I m french :) ).

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:45 pm
by Dr.Wael Deeb
It's hard to guess....

Gull would be an excellent pretender but it's development is postponed for now....

Fire is a great piece of software but even as such it has a long way to go and knock off Houdini to claim the third place....

Equinox would be an option but in my private rating list it's around 75 Elo weaker than Houdini 4....

So who knows :!: :?:

Excuse my English,I am arabian regards,
Dr.D

:wink:

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 pm
by Matthias Gemuh
If I have time, I will work on BigLion.

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 pm
by Graham Banks
Matthias Gemuh wrote:If I have time, I will work on BigLion.
:)

Looking forward to a new BigLion regardless.

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:46 am
by APassionForCriminalJustic
JJJ wrote:Houdini won't probably be updated anymore. So it's a matter of time before it get crushed by another engine than Komodo or Stockfish. But by who and when if you have to guess ?

It's taking time to see it beaten by another one... I don't know if Gull or Fire will be update soon or anymore , so maybe it has to be equinox ?

( Sorry If I didn't write well this message in english, I m french :) ).
Both Gull and Fire are the only two engines that come within 60 ELO approximately of Houdini 4, so unless something new comes around the corner or some serious ELO increases for other engines, they are the two most likely to take third spot. Of course Gull development is laying in ruins of dormancy now; hence the only real legitimate engine looks like Fire. I personally would like to see Deep HIARCS 15 get that top-three spot. But it still has a way to go - although I would bet that it will reach 3100+.

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:07 am
by Gusev
Go Fire :!:

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:16 am
by tomgdrums
I have been enjoying Fire 4. How do you think it's evaluation for analysis of human games stacks up with the "Big 3"?

Re: Next engine becoming the number 3 ?

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:31 am
by S.Taylor
Any idea about a post being deleted?
(i cannot ask moderator as the post is not there to report, nor did i recieve any PM from moderation. If there was a mistake, please return it!).

Re: Famous

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:43 am
by Sylwy
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Excuse my English,I am arabian regards,
Dr.D

:wink:
Yeah, Doc !

Your harem is famous in all Europe !

SilvianR :wink:

Re: Famous

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:33 am
by Dr.Wael Deeb
Sylwy wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Excuse my English,I am arabian regards,
Dr.D

:wink:
Yeah, Doc !

Your harem is famous in all Europe !

SilvianR :wink:
:lol:

:wink: