Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Ferdy
Posts: 4075
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Ferdy » Wed May 27, 2015 7:05 am

Nakamura - Jakovenko, in the game white played 10. Rd1.
[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10
How engines would approach this position? It is preferable if you run it on multipv.

Sample from Deuterium.

Code: Select all

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Physical cores: 4, Logical cores: 8

id name Deuterium v2015.1.35.169
Hash: 64, Threads: 1, MultiPV: 3, AllocTime: 180000ms

FEN: r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10

  +0.09/19  0h:02m:47s:888ms   10. Ng3 Rc8 11. Be2 c5 12. O-O d5 13. cxd5 Bxe2 14. Nxe2 Nxd5 15. Bxd8 Nxc3 16. Nxc3 Rfxd8 17. Rad1 
  +0.05/19  0h:03m:29s:782ms   10. Qc2 c5 11. dxc5 bxc5 12. O-O-O Qe7 13. Nc3 h6 14. Bh4 Rab8 15. Qa4 Rb6 16. Be2 Rfb8 17. f4 
  -0.10/19  0h:04m:24s:046ms   10. Qb3 c5 11. Qa4 Bb7 12. Nc3 Qc7 13. O-O-O cxd4 14. Rxd4 Bc6 15. Qb4 Nc5 16. Bxf6 gxf6 17. Kb1 

  +0.02/18  0h:02m:40s:198ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 Qc8 12. Nc3 d5 13. cxd5 Bxf1 14. Kxf1 exd5 15. Kg1 c6 16. Bg3 Re8 17. Qd2 
  +0.00/18  0h:02m:02s:789ms   10. Ng3 Rc8 11. Be2 c5 12. O-O d5 13. cxd5 Bxe2 14. Nxe2 exd5 15. Rfc1 h6 16. Bxf6 Nxf6 17. Qb3 
  -0.12/18  0h:02m:24s:220ms   10. Rd1 h6 11. Bh4 Re8 12. Qc2 d5 13. cxd5 exd5 14. Nc3 Bxf1 15. Kxf1 c6 16. Kg1 a5 17. Bg3 

  +0.09/17  0h:01m:22s:070ms   10. Ng3 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Be2 d5 13. O-O Qd6 14. Rfc1 Rfc8 15. c5 bxc5 16. dxc5 Qc6 17. f3 
  +0.01/17  0h:00m:59s:558ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 c5 12. Qa4 Qc8 13. Rd1 Bb7 14. Nc3 Bc6 15. Qc2 cxd4 16. Rxd4 d5 17. f3 
  -0.06/17  0h:01m:41s:950ms   10. Rd1 h6 11. Bh4 c6 12. Qb4 c5 13. Qa4 Bb7 14. Nc3 cxd4 15. exd4 Qc7 16. Nb5 Qc6 17. f3 

  +0.09/16  0h:00m:30s:067ms   10. Ng3 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Bd3 d5 13. O-O c5 14. dxc5 bxc5 15. b4 dxc4 16. Bxc4 Bxc4 17. Qxc4 
  +0.04/16  0h:00m:26s:938ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 d5 12. cxd5 exd5 13. Nc3 Bxf1 14. Kxf1 c6 15. Kg1 Re8 16. Ne2 Qc8 17. Rc1 
  -0.14/16  0h:00m:47s:192ms   10. Rd1 Bb7 11. Bh4 h6 12. f3 e5 13. Qc2 e4 14. d5 Re8 15. Rg1 b5 16. cxb5 g5 17. Bf2 

  +0.03/15  0h:00m:14s:305ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 Qc8 12. Nc3 c5 13. Rd1 d5 14. cxd5 Bxf1 15. Kxf1 exd5 16. Kg1 Qc6 17. Bxf6 
  +0.00/15  0h:00m:24s:794ms   10. Nf4 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Bd3 Re8 13. O-O e5 14. dxe5 dxe5 15. Ne2 Qd6 16. Ng3 e4 17. Be2 
  -0.17/15  0h:00m:20s:717ms   10. Qb3 c5 11. Qa4 Qc8 12. Nc3 Qb7 13. f3 d5 14. cxd5 Bxf1 15. Kxf1 Nxd5 16. Bf4 N7f6 17. Kg1 

  -0.02/14  0h:00m:08s:530ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 Re8 12. Qa4 Qc8 13. O-O-O d5 14. Nc3 Qb7 15. f3 dxc4 16. Bxc4 Bxc4 17. Bxf6 
  -0.11/14  0h:00m:12s:541ms   10. Qb3 c5 11. Qa4 Qc8 12. Nc3 h6 13. Bh4 Bb7 14. O-O-O Bc6 15. Qc2 Qc7 16. Nb5 Bxb5 
  -0.11/14  0h:00m:10s:962ms   10. O-O-O h6 11. Bh4 d5 12. cxd5 exd5 13. Qc2 c5 14. Kb1 Rc8 15. Qa4 Qe7 16. Nc3 Bxf1 17. Rhxf1 
The complete game score:

[pgn]
[Event "KM FIDE GP 2015"]
[Site "Khanty-Mansiysk RUS"]
[Date "2015.05.26"]
[Round "11"]
[White "Nakamura, Hi"]
[Black "Jakovenko, D."]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[BlackElo "2738"]
[ECO "E32"]
[EventDate "2015.05.13"]
[WhiteElo "2799"]

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.Qc2 d6 5.a3 Bxc3+ 6.Qxc3 O-O 7.Bg5 Nbd7 8.e3 b6 9.Ne2 Ba6 10.Rd1 h6 11.Bxf6 Nxf6 12.Ng3 c5 13.Be2 Qc7 14.O-O Rac8 15.Rc1 cxd4 16.Qxd4 Rfd8 17.Qd2 Qb8 18.Rfd1 d5 19.cxd5 Rxd5 20.Qe1 Rxc1 21.Rxc1 Bxe2 22.Qxe2 Qd8 23.h3 Rd3 24.Nh5 Nxh5 25.Qxh5 Rd2 26.Qe5 Rxf2 27.Kxf2 Qd2+ 28.Kf3 Qxc1 29.Qb8+ Kh7 30.Qxa7 Qf1+ 31.Kg3 Qe1+ 32.Kh2 Qxe3 33.Qxf7 b5 34.Qd7 Qf4+ 35.Kg1 Qc1+ 36.Kh2 Qf4+ 37.Kg1 Qc4 38.Qd1 1/2-1/2
[/pgn]

Vinvin
Posts: 4369
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Vinvin » Wed May 27, 2015 7:56 am

Ferdy wrote:Nakamura - Jakovenko, in the game white played 10. Rd1.
[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10
How engines would approach this position? It is preferable if you run it on multipv.

Sample from Deuterium.

Code: Select all

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Physical cores: 4, Logical cores: 8

id name Deuterium v2015.1.35.169
Hash: 64, Threads: 1, MultiPV: 3, AllocTime: 180000ms

FEN: r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10
...
[/quote]
Stockfish 15052414, 2 physical cores, 2 threads, 5 best moves, depth 30/43 :

[code]Stockfish_15052414_32bit:
...
 29/42	12:45	 1.220.781k	1.594k	-0,16	10.Nf4 h6 11.Bxf6 Nxf6 12.Be2 Rc8 13.0-0 c5 14.dxc5 Rxc5 15.b3 Bb7 16.Rfd1 Rc7 17.a4 a5 18.Nd3 Rc8 19.Rac1 Qc7 20.Qc2 Rfe8 21.Qd2 e5 22.f3 e4 23.Nf4 exf3 24.Bxf3
 29/42	12:45	 1.220.781k	1.594k	-0,06	10.Ng3 Rc8 11.Nh5 h6 12.Bh4 Re8 13.Nxf6+ Nxf6 14.Bd3 c5 15.dxc5 Rxc5 16.Bxf6 Qxf6 17.Qxf6 gxf6 18.Rd1 Bxc4 19.b4 Rc7 20.Bxc4 Rxc4 21.Rxd6 Rc1+ 22.Rd1 Rec8 23.Ke2 R1c2+ 24.Rd2 R8c3 25.Rxc2 Rxc2+ 26.Kf3 Ra2 27.Rc1 Rxa3 28.b5 Kg7
 29/42	12:45	 1.220.781k	1.594k	-0,06	10.Qb3 c5 11.Rd1 cxd4 12.Nxd4 Rc8 13.Be2 Qc7 14.Bxf6 Nxf6 15.Nb5 Bxb5 16.Qxb5 g6 17.0-0 Kg7 18.Qa4 Rfd8 19.Qb4 d5 20.cxd5 Nxd5 21.Qd4+ Nf6 22.Qb4 Qc2 23.Bf3 Rd3 24.Qe7 Rxd1 25.Rxd1 Qxb2 26.Qxa7
 29/42	12:45	 1.220.781k	1.594k	 0,00	10.Qc2 c5 11.dxc5 bxc5 12.Nc3 Qb6 13.0-0-0 Bb7 14.Kb1 h6 15.Bh4 Rfb8 16.f3 d5 17.cxd5 Nxd5 18.Na4 Qa5 19.Be1 Qc7 20.Bg3 Qa5 21.Be1
 29/42	12:45	 1.220.781k	1.594k	 0,00	10.Rd1 Rc8 11.Qc2 h6 12.Bh4 c5 13.Nc3 cxd4 14.Rxd4 Rc6 15.Na2 Bb7 16.Nc3 Ba6
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	-0,11	10.Nf4 h6 11.Bxf6 Nxf6 12.Bd3 Rc8 13.Rd1 c5 14.d5 exd5 15.Nxd5 Nxd5 16.cxd5 Bxd3 17.Qxd3 Qf6 18.Qc3 Qxc3+ 19.bxc3 Rce8 20.Ke2 Re4 21.Ra1 Ra4 22.Kd3 Re8 23.c4 Kh7 24.h3 Kg6 25.Rhb1 Kf5 26.Kc3 Kf6
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	-0,05	10.Ng3 Rc8 11.Be2 c5 12.0-0 cxd4 13.Qxd4 h6 14.Bxf6 Qxf6 15.Rfd1 Rfd8 16.b4 Bb7 17.Rab1 Qxd4 18.Rxd4 Nf6 19.c5 dxc5 20.bxc5 Nd5 21.cxb6 Nxb6 22.Rxd8+ Rxd8 23.Rc1 Rd2 24.Rc7 Rd7 25.Rc1 g6 26.f3 Kg7
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	 0,00	10.Qc2 c5 11.dxc5 bxc5 12.Nc3 Qb6 13.Be2 d5 14.0-0 Bxc4 15.Bxc4 dxc4 16.Bxf6 Nxf6 17.Na4 Qb5 18.Rac1 Nd5 19.Qxc4 Qxc4 20.Rxc4 Nb6 21.Nxb6 axb6 22.Rd1 Rfd8 23.Rxd8+ Rxd8 24.Kf1 Rd3 25.b4 Rxa3 26.bxc5 bxc5 27.Rxc5 Ra1+ 28.Ke2 Ra2+ 29.Kf3
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	 0,00	10.Rd1 Rb8 11.Ng3 Bb7 12.f3 h6 13.Bxf6 Qxf6 14.Be2 Rfd8 15.0-0 c5 16.Nh5 Qg5 17.Ng3 Qf6
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	 0,00	10.Qb3 c5 11.Rd1 Qc7 12.Nc3 Rfc8 13.d5 exd5 14.Rxd5 Nxd5 15.Nxd5 Qb7 16.Ne7+ Kh8 17.Nxc8 Rxc8 18.f3 Ne5 19.Bf4 Qe7 20.Kf2 Qe6 21.Qa4 Bxc4 22.Bxe5 Bxf1 23.Bxg7+ Kxg7 24.Rxf1 Re8 25.Qf4 d5 26.Rc1 Qf6 27.Qxf6+ Kxf6 28.Rd1 Rd8 29.b4 d4[/code]

Vinvin
Posts: 4369
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:40 am
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Vinvin » Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 am

Sometimes, the tag

Code: Select all

 doesn't work, I don't konw why.

Ferdy
Posts: 4075
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Ferdy » Wed May 27, 2015 8:16 am

Vinvin wrote:Sometimes, the tag

Code: Select all

 doesn't work, I don't konw why.[/quote]

From your previous post you missed to end the ff.
[code]Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Ferdy
Posts: 4075
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Ferdy » Wed May 27, 2015 8:41 am

Vinvin wrote: [d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10

Stockfish 15052414, 2 physical cores, 2 threads, 5 best moves, depth 30/43 :

Code: Select all

Stockfish_15052414_32bit:
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	-0,11	10.Nf4 h6 11.Bxf6 Nxf6 12.Bd3 Rc8 13.Rd1 c5 14.d5 exd5 15.Nxd5 Nxd5 16.cxd5 Bxd3 17.Qxd3 Qf6 18.Qc3 Qxc3+ 19.bxc3 Rce8 20.Ke2 Re4 21.Ra1 Ra4 22.Kd3 Re8 23.c4 Kh7 24.h3 Kg6 25.Rhb1 Kf5 26.Kc3 Kf6
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	-0,05	10.Ng3 Rc8 11.Be2 c5 12.0-0 cxd4 13.Qxd4 h6 14.Bxf6 Qxf6 15.Rfd1 Rfd8 16.b4 Bb7 17.Rab1 Qxd4 18.Rxd4 Nf6 19.c5 dxc5 20.bxc5 Nd5 21.cxb6 Nxb6 22.Rxd8+ Rxd8 23.Rc1 Rd2 24.Rc7 Rd7 25.Rc1 g6 26.f3 Kg7
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	 0,00	10.Qc2 c5 11.dxc5 bxc5 12.Nc3 Qb6 13.Be2 d5 14.0-0 Bxc4 15.Bxc4 dxc4 16.Bxf6 Nxf6 17.Na4 Qb5 18.Rac1 Nd5 19.Qxc4 Qxc4 20.Rxc4 Nb6 21.Nxb6 axb6 22.Rd1 Rfd8 23.Rxd8+ Rxd8 24.Kf1 Rd3 25.b4 Rxa3 26.bxc5 bxc5 27.Rxc5 Ra1+ 28.Ke2 Ra2+ 29.Kf3
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	 0,00	10.Rd1 Rb8 11.Ng3 Bb7 12.f3 h6 13.Bxf6 Qxf6 14.Be2 Rfd8 15.0-0 c5 16.Nh5 Qg5 17.Ng3 Qf6
 30/43	22:53	 2.188.511k	1.593k	 0,00	10.Qb3 c5 11.Rd1 Qc7 12.Nc3 Rfc8 13.d5 exd5 14.Rxd5 Nxd5 15.Nxd5 Qb7 16.Ne7+ Kh8 17.Nxc8 Rxc8 18.f3 Ne5 19.Bf4 Qe7 20.Kf2 Qe6 21.Qa4 Bxc4 22.Bxe5 Bxf1 23.Bxg7+ Kxg7 24.Rxf1 Re8 25.Qf4 d5 26.Rc1 Qf6 27.Qxf6+ Kxf6 28.Rd1 Rd8 29.b4 d4
That is active Knight placement with quick rook development in the center. The queen quickly gives the knight an option to land on c3.
Just like the idea of Qc2, but the Queen from b3 also guards the d5 sq, and it also has the option to go Qb3a4 attacking the weak Ba6.

Code: Select all

30/43	22:53	2.188.511k	1.593k	0,00	10.Qb3 c5 11.Rd1 Qc7 12.Nc3

Ferdy
Posts: 4075
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Ferdy » Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 am

H4 on multipv 5.
[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10

Code: Select all

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Physical cores: 4, Logical cores: 8

id name Houdini 4 x64
Hash: 64, Threads: 1, MultiPV: 5, AllocTime: 180000ms

FEN: r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/2PP4/P1Q1P3/1P2NPPP/R3KB1R w KQ - 2 10

  +0.01/20  0h:03m:00s:001ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 c5 12. Rd1 cxd4 13. Rxd4 Rc8 14. Nc3 Qe7 15. Bxf6 Nxf6 16. Qa4 Bb7 17. Qxa7 
  -0.08/20  0h:03m:00s:001ms   10. Ng3 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Be2 Rc8 13. b4 c5 14. dxc5 dxc5 15. b5 Bb7 16. O-O Qc7 17. Rfd1 
  -0.10/20  0h:03m:00s:001ms   10. Nf4 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Be2 c5 13. dxc5 bxc5 14. O-O Bb7 15. Rad1 Qe7 16. b4 Rac8 17. b5 
  -0.13/20  0h:03m:00s:001ms   10. Rd1 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Ng3 Rc8 13. Be2 c5 14. O-O cxd4 15. Rxd4 d5 16. Rfd1 Qe7 17. b3 
  -0.13/20  0h:03m:00s:001ms   10. f3 Re8 11. Bh4 Rc8 12. Nf4 Bb7 13. Nh5 e5 14. Nxf6+ Nxf6 15. Be2 Nd5 16. Bxd8 Nxc3 17. bxc3 

  +0.08/19  0h:01m:16s:156ms   10. Qc2 h6 11. Bh4 c5 12. Rd1 cxd4 13. Rxd4 Qc7 14. Nc3 e5 15. Rd1 Rfc8 16. b3 g5 17. Bg3 
  -0.11/19  0h:01m:30s:187ms   10. Rd1 Re8 11. Qc2 h6 12. Bh4 e5 13. d5 b5 14. Bxf6 Nxf6 15. Ng3 bxc4 16. Bxc4 Bxc4 17. Qxc4 
  -0.11/19  0h:01m:21s:655ms   10. Ng3 Rc8 11. Be2 c5 12. Rd1 h6 13. Bxf6 Nxf6 14. O-O Bb7 15. dxc5 Rxc5 16. Rd4 Qe7 17. Rfd1 
  -0.12/19  0h:01m:40s:767ms   10. Nf4 h6 11. Bxf6 Nxf6 12. Bd3 c5 13. dxc5 dxc5 14. O-O Bb7 15. Rad1 Qc7 16. Bc2 Rad8 17. f3 
  -0.19/19  0h:01m:51s:499ms   10. f3 h6 11. Bh4 Re8 12. Qc2 e5 13. e4 Rc8 14. Rd1 Bb7 15. b4 Qe7 16. Bf2 Ra8 17. c5 

Lyudmil Tsvetkov
Posts: 6052
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov » Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 am

And what is so wrong with b4?

b4 creates 2 well-placed phalanx pawns on b4 and c4.

I think white has huge advantage above and b4 is the best move.

Lack of development will be compensated, but it will be hard to compensate for the awkwardly placed black bishop on a6.

Ferdy
Posts: 4075
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Ferdy » Wed May 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:And what is so wrong with b4?

b4 creates 2 well-placed phalanx pawns on b4 and c4.

I think white has huge advantage above and b4 is the best move.

Lack of development will be compensated, but it will be hard to compensate for the awkwardly placed black bishop on a6.
SF6 analysis after b4.
[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/1PPP4/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 10

Code: Select all

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Physical cores: 4, Logical cores: 8

id name Stockfish 6 64 POPCNT
Hash: 128, Threads: 1, MultiPV: 2, AllocTime: 5.0m

FEN: r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/1PPP4/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 10

  +0.22/29  0h:04m:01s:688ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 
  +0.17/29  0h:04m:01s:688ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 a5 12. f3 h6 13. Bxf6 Qxf6 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.22/28  0h:03m:43s:361ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 
  +0.15/28  0h:03m:34s:150ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.18/27  0h:03m:09s:359ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 
  +0.12/27  0h:03m:00s:873ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.25/26  0h:02m:42s:369ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 
  +0.25/26  0h:01m:32s:551ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 h6 12. Bxf6 Qxf6 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4

zullil
Posts: 5606
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 pm
Location: PA USA
Full name: Louis Zulli

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by zullil » Wed May 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Ferdy wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:And what is so wrong with b4?

b4 creates 2 well-placed phalanx pawns on b4 and c4.

I think white has huge advantage above and b4 is the best move.

Lack of development will be compensated, but it will be hard to compensate for the awkwardly placed black bishop on a6.
SF6 analysis after b4.
[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/1PPP4/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 10

Code: Select all

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Physical cores: 4, Logical cores: 8

id name Stockfish 6 64 POPCNT
Hash: 128, Threads: 1, MultiPV: 2, AllocTime: 5.0m

FEN: r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/1PPP4/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 10

  +0.22/29  0h:04m:01s:688ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 
  +0.17/29  0h:04m:01s:688ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 a5 12. f3 h6 13. Bxf6 Qxf6 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.22/28  0h:03m:43s:361ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 
  +0.15/28  0h:03m:34s:150ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.18/27  0h:03m:09s:359ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 
  +0.12/27  0h:03m:00s:873ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.25/26  0h:02m:42s:369ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 
  +0.25/26  0h:01m:32s:551ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 h6 12. Bxf6 Qxf6 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4
I must admit that I considered b4 too. Here's a bit more from Stockfish, for the position after b4:

Code: Select all

info depth 46 seldepth 61 multipv 1 score cp 17 nodes 117564497614 nps 22660025 hashfull 999 tbhits 0 time 5188189 pv h7h6 g5f6 d7f6 e2g3 a6b7 f2f3 h6h5 h2h4 g7g6 c3d2 d8e7 e3e4 f6d7 a1d1 g8g7 f1e2 f8d8 e1f2 a7a5 b4b5 e6e5 g3f1 d8f8 e2d3 e5d4 d3c2 d4d3 d2d3 d7e5 d3d4 g7g8 a3a4 e7f6 f1e3 g8h7 h1h3 f8e8 f2g1 h7g7 h3h1 a8d8 e3d5 b7d5 c4d5 e8e7 d4c3
So Stockfish sees a tiny advantage for Black after b4 h6. Certainly not a "huge advantage" for white. :wink:

b4 slows White's development a bit, but black will also waste time retreating the bishop from a6 to the more useful b7.

Lyudmil Tsvetkov
Posts: 6052
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:41 am

Re: Engine test position KM FIDE GP 2015

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov » Wed May 27, 2015 2:54 pm

zullil wrote:
Ferdy wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:And what is so wrong with b4?

b4 creates 2 well-placed phalanx pawns on b4 and c4.

I think white has huge advantage above and b4 is the best move.

Lack of development will be compensated, but it will be hard to compensate for the awkwardly placed black bishop on a6.
SF6 analysis after b4.
[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/1PPP4/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 10

Code: Select all

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Physical cores: 4, Logical cores: 8

id name Stockfish 6 64 POPCNT
Hash: 128, Threads: 1, MultiPV: 2, AllocTime: 5.0m

FEN: r2q1rk1/p1pn1ppp/bp1ppn2/6B1/1PPP4/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 10

  +0.22/29  0h:04m:01s:688ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 
  +0.17/29  0h:04m:01s:688ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 a5 12. f3 h6 13. Bxf6 Qxf6 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.22/28  0h:03m:43s:361ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 
  +0.15/28  0h:03m:34s:150ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.18/27  0h:03m:09s:359ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 
  +0.12/27  0h:03m:00s:873ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 

  +0.25/26  0h:02m:42s:369ms   10... h6 11. Bxf6 Qxf6 12. Ng3 Bb7 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4 
  +0.25/26  0h:01m:32s:551ms   10... Bb7 11. Ng3 h6 12. Bxf6 Qxf6 13. f3 a5 14. Be2 axb4
I must admit that I considered b4 too. Here's a bit more from Stockfish, for the position after b4:

Code: Select all

info depth 46 seldepth 61 multipv 1 score cp 17 nodes 117564497614 nps 22660025 hashfull 999 tbhits 0 time 5188189 pv h7h6 g5f6 d7f6 e2g3 a6b7 f2f3 h6h5 h2h4 g7g6 c3d2 d8e7 e3e4 f6d7 a1d1 g8g7 f1e2 f8d8 e1f2 a7a5 b4b5 e6e5 g3f1 d8f8 e2d3 e5d4 d3c2 d4d3 d2d3 d7e5 d3d4 g7g8 a3a4 e7f6 f1e3 g8h7 h1h3 f8e8 f2g1 h7g7 h3h1 a8d8 e3d5 b7d5 c4d5 e8e7 d4c3
So Stockfish sees a tiny advantage for Black after b4 h6. Certainly not a "huge advantage" for white. :wink:

b4 slows White's development a bit, but black will also waste time retreating the bishop from a6 to the more useful b7.
Man, it is not possible for both sides to have advantage at the same time.

If white has advantage above, how can black also have?

Why change the bishop pair after h6, of course white simply retreats to h4, staying with quite a hugish edge. :)

[d]r2q1rk1/p1pn1pp1/bp1ppn1p/8/1PPP3B/P1Q1P3/4NPPP/R3KB1R b KQ - 0 2

Post Reply