SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD $239

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD $239

Post by AdminX »

Big enough to now hold the complete syzygybases, small enough to fit in you phone. :D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00V62XBQQ
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Re: SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD $239

Post by whereagles »

good.. now droidfish can beat me up in a sub-split-second.. before was a split-second :)
chessmobile

Post by chessmobile »

And I thought that when the 64GB card came out that it was insane, tech just keeps marching forward.
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

The manual of my HP 945 camera states that it only supports SD cards up to 2 GB, but has been tested by HP with no more than 512 MB. That is the same thing as this micro SD? I believe the standard card is just 32 MB. But I am happy with my camera! Even if it can only store 11 frames or pictures in full resolution, without compression if I don't change the memory card. This was 'state of the art' at least for not too expensive compact cameras, not single lens reflex cameras, just ten years ago, in 2004.

The smallest SD cards, not micro SD they sell at my local computer store are 4 GB. My camera does not support them at least that's what the manual says... Could I still use them as 2 GB cards? For just 5€ you have 8 GB storage already from Adata so if that is just 2 GB it is still not expensive. But will the camera read it?
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
matthewlai

Post by matthewlai »

AdminX wrote:Big enough to now hold the complete syzygybases, small enough to fit in you phone. :D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00V62XBQQ
I don't think any phone can actually read SD cards anywhere near that fast, so it may make sense to save some money and get slower cards!
Disclosure: I work for DeepMind on the AlphaZero project, but everything I say here is personal opinion and does not reflect the views of DeepMind / Alphabet.