Fritz 15 (Vas Rajlich?)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Darkmoon

Re: Fritz 15 (Vas Rajlich?)

Post by Darkmoon »

Sean Evans wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:Outside of the ICGA - it is of no concern to anyone what Rajlich does!
Well, I did pay money for Rybka 4 thinking that I was buying an original engine that legitimately won the World Computer Chess Championship. I was happy to pay for such a great program.

If I had known the program was a clone of Fruit, Crafty and whatever else and was not the legitimate World Computer Chess Champion I might not have procured the product. However, I was not given this opportunity to decide because the author concealed the truth, i.e. Vas lied!
Darkmoon wrote: My only conclusion is that in the face of it -this action is reflecting what is being perceived as a further emasculation of an already weakened ICGA.
I was not aware that Hyatt was emasculated, must hurt :P

Cordially,

Sean Evans
Is your lack of awareness supposed to surprise me?! When it is rather more a confirmation of your own lack of assiduity in the face of inescapable fact!

I think you need to put yourself through a reality check. :wink:
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

reflectionofpower wrote:
Leto wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
jefk wrote:
jefk wrote: Rajlich, both being Hungarian
and Horvath (Pandix/F14) are going to cooperate for F15.
jef
oops, Rajlich is Czech, but is wife is Hungarian;
(but she then might be link to Horvath); and i thought
they lived in Poland btw, at least some years ago,

jef
I thought Vas was Polish but it is stated he was born to Czech parents?
Polish doesn't mean he has blood from Poland, just that he was born there.
I warSAW that,heehee.
So now this forum has put the topping on the lowest level of its posting practices by resorting to ethnic slurs -Talkchess goes ethnocentric.

It couldn't get much worse-although I'm sure you guys have the mentality to prove me wrong.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

I have a beta on my harddisk. The engine is strongly enciphered, it's impossible to decompile it. It also comes with copy protection, to activate it you need to type a random phrase from the manual. When I got my second beta I had to type:

I went through the Stockfish source code forwards and backwards and took many things.

When you register you are guided to a special website with a poll. You are offered 10% discount when you vote VII, 25% discount when you vote that the ICGA is full of s... and 50% discount that rule #2 has become an obstacle to progress.

Of course this post is full of s... itself except the comment about rule #2.
acase
Full name: Andrew R Case

Post by acase »

Darkmoon wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Leto wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
jefk wrote:
jef

jef
I warSAW that,heehee.
So now this forum has put the topping on the lowest level of its posting practices by resorting to ethnic slurs -Talkchess goes ethnocentric.

It couldn't get much worse-although I'm sure you guys have the mentality to prove me wrong.

Quit trying to make his comment into some Political Correctness Bullshit, people are tired of it.
Darrel Briley

Post by Darrel Briley »

acase wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Leto wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
jefk wrote:
jef

jef
I warSAW that,heehee.

Quit trying to make his comment into some Political Correctness Bullshit, people are tired of it.

The fact is, this guy is so rapidly pro Rajilich that he comes into a thread and begins attacking people without even knowing what they're talking about. The "Warsaw" comment by Lonnie was NOT any sort of an ethnic aspersion, it was simply a bad pun from someone who supports Rajilich, which Kamerer would've realized if he'd bothered to read the rest of the thread. Seems his pro Rajilich bias is the real problem here. That can happen when people don't think things through carefully.

DB
bob

Post by bob »

Darkmoon wrote:This "IS " underneath it all- about the ICGA!

Outside of the ICGA - it is of no concern to anyone what Rajlich does!

Hyatt continues to rail,

"Eh? And exactly why would this be of any significance to me in the first place?

Yeah! My sentiments exactly. However-obviously, it does!

Here I'm reading a great deal of belittling humor toward the surfacing awareness of Rajlich.

Do you know the theory of humor as a defense mechanism? In a lot of cases it is used to deny, or distort reality. :wink:

In the verdict summary against Rajlich the ICGA attempted to extend their authority beyond their organizational boundaries. They bit off more then they could chew as the saying goes.

My only conclusion is that in the face of it -this action is reflecting what is being perceived as a further emasculation of an already weakened ICGA.
(a) why are you quoting something I wrote somewhere else?

(b) why don't you argue against what I wrote, which is an absolute fact. Namely that I don't care about what is going on with Vas now. The ICGA case is over, it was decided, a penalty was assessed, and there's nothing more to say. MY world doesn't revolve around Vas and what he does or doesn't do. I don't spend every waking minute thinking about what he is or is not doing. In fact, I don't spend ANY time thinking about him except when responding to nonsense posts such as this.

This has ZERO effect on the ICGA. You attribute far too much influence to Vas. It is simply not the case.
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

acase wrote:
Darkmoon wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
Leto wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:
jefk wrote:
jef

jef
I warSAW that,heehee.

Cut the crap! You want to start talking about his parent and wife and crack jokes. Then turn this around and tell me this is my problem?! You people amaze me. Now try and continue on in the same vain and see how far you get!
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

bob wrote:

Hyatt continues to rail,

"Eh? And exactly why would this be of any significance to me in the first place?

Here I'm reading a great deal of belittling humor toward the surfacing awareness of Rajlich.

Do you know the theory of humor as a defense mechanism? In a lot of cases it is used to deny, or distort reality. :wink:

In the verdict summary against Rajlich the ICGA attempted to extend their authority beyond their organizational boundaries. They bit off more then they could chew as the saying goes.

My only conclusion is that in the face of it -this action is reflecting what is being perceived as a further emasculation of an already weakened ICGA.

(b) why don't you argue against what I wrote, which is an absolute fact. Namely that I don't care about what is going on with Vas now. The ICGA case is over, it was decided, a penalty was assessed, and there's nothing more to say. MY world doesn't revolve around Vas and what he does or doesn't do. I don't spend every waking minute thinking about what he is or is not doing. In fact, I don't spend ANY time thinking about him except when responding to nonsense posts such as this.

This has ZERO effect on the ICGA. You attribute far too much influence to Vas. It is simply not the case.
Why shouldn't I quote you from some place else-other than because it is relevant. - but you left out my answer to you which was this!

It makes the ICGA look ineffectual. It shows that your authority is eroding.

Fritz is a chess icon! Rajlich has garnered a contract to upgrade one of the most popular chess icon's of an era!

In spite of the ICGA's attempts at dragging his image down the tubes.

All this blow back because it is so hard for all of you to swallow that the inquisition didn't pay off in dividends-that the ICGA's dictum's relegating Rajlich to the netherworld has been hitherto-fore ignored!

His imminent return to computer chess is being foretold.

You tried all you could to diminish Rajlich -and I'm sure he could give a crap about you and the ICGA and the regrettably pitifully state of decline of the WCCC , (Please ask me to qualify that last statement! Oh, Please!).

A great deal of credence is being given to the tournaments run by TCEC - Thoresen Chess Engines Competition.

Who ran in the Stage 5 Bob -toward the championship finals of Stage 6

Komodo 1121.05
Stockfish 151013
1-0
Houdini 9601
Stockfish 151013
0-1

Season 4 - Superfinal

The ICGA is not the only Tournament game in town!

Do you really think Rajlich would have a hard time finding a place at the table?!
Last edited by Darkmoon on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

So, rather than speculations, anyone dare to spend 70Euros and share the results?
bob

Post by bob »

Darkmoon wrote:
bob wrote:

Hyatt continues to rail,

Why shouldn't I quote you from some place else-other than because it is relevant. - but you left out my answer to you which was this!

It makes the ICGA look ineffectual. It shows that your authority is eroding.

Fritz is a chess icon! Rajlich has garnered a contract to upgrade one of the most popular chess icon's of an era!

In spite of the ICGA's attempts at dragging his image down the tubes.

All this blow back because it is so hard for all of you to swallow that the inquisition didn't pay off in dividends-that the ICGA's dictum's relegating Rajlich to the netherworld has been hitherto-fore ignored!

His imminent return to computer chess is being foretold.

You tried all you could to diminish Rajlich -and I'm sure he could give a crap about you and the ICGA and the regrettably pitifully state of decline of the WCCC , (Please ask me to qualify that last statement! Oh, Please!).

A great deal of credence is being given to the tournaments run by TCEC - Thoresen Chess Engines Competition.

Who ran in the Stage 5 Bob -toward the championship finals of Stage 6

Komodo 1121.05
Stockfish 151013
1-0
Houdini 9601
Stockfish 151013
0-1

Season 4 - Superfinal

The ICGA is not the only Tournament game in town!

Do you really think Rajlich would have a hard time finding a place at the table?!
Vas working for chessbase shows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. ZERO. It has no effect on the ICGA. It has nothing to do with the ICGA. Imagine whatever nonsense you want. It still has NOTHING to do with the ICGA.

As far as your question, obviously he won't be finding a place at the ICGA table anytime soon. Why you need to bring up the ICGA in these discussions is beyond me. Why not bring up black holes? Or teleportation? Or quantum mechanics. They are ALL as related to the ICGA as is Vas working for ChessBase.

The Rybka case is over. Vas was found guilty of violating ICGA tournament rule 2. He was banned from ICGA competition. The story is absolutely OVER. Time to move on and not bring this up every time there is a rumor about Vas or a Vas sighting somewhere.