stockfish 7

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nordlandia

Re: stockfish 7

Post by Nordlandia »

Once Stockfish 7 is released, it will be outdated few days later due to new developmental version lol.
styx

Post by styx »

true but nevertheless there are some good reasons to release an official version
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

styx wrote:true but nevertheless there are some good reasons to release an official version
Thats right. As far as i know, majority of the raiting lists is using old Stockfish 6.
APassionForCriminalJustic

Post by APassionForCriminalJustic »

Jouni wrote:I think one month beta testing like with SF 6 is total overkill! Isn't there 100 000+ games played every day in framework already? Just make fast compile and release it.
What's the difference really? Most of us just make our own development compiles or download from the site...

Nordlandia wrote:Once Stockfish 7 is released, it will be outdated few days later due to new developmental version lol.
Well quite frankly we do need an official version for the rating lists... Stockfish 6 is falling farther and father behind Komodo in the lists... other than that, I don't see much point to official versions other than for those who want them via personal preference.
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

APassionForCriminalJustic wrote:Well quite frankly we do need an official version for the rating lists... Stockfish 6 is falling farther and father behind Komodo in the lists...
CCRL still has K9.2 vs SF6. K is clearly ahead but I don't think it can pull much further.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

whereagles wrote:
APassionForCriminalJustic wrote:Well quite frankly we do need an official version for the rating lists... Stockfish 6 is falling farther and father behind Komodo in the lists...
CCRL still has K9.2 vs SF6. K is clearly ahead but I don't think it can pull much further.
Have you checked the blitz list or the FRC list ?
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

Modern Times wrote:Have you checked the blitz list or the FRC list ?
I was only thinking of the 40/40 list, which I feel is the most important TC standard of CCRL.

Had another look and at 40/40 you do have K9.2 vs SF6. Other lists have (stronger) dev versions of SF vs K9.2.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

whereagles wrote:Other lists have (stronger) dev versions of SF vs K9.2.
Yes, but they tend to be bullet or blitz and/or test a smaller selection of engines.
gbanksnz at gmail.com

Modern Times wrote:
whereagles wrote:
Have you checked the blitz list or the FRC list ?
Oh wow... so clearly with CCRL's hardware and blitz time control Komodo 9.3 is definitely weaker than Stockfish development of November the 25th (Stockfish 251115 64-bit 4CPU). I mostly focus on 40/40 and time controls much longer. But wow. It is absolutely amazing, and thrilling as to just how different engines can be in their respective environments. In TCEC Komodo thrives. But not so much with a four core system at blitz versus Stockfish. It looks like Komodo has gained nothing on the list though. That's a little discouraging.

Ah well at least Houdini and those below him are getting spanked around.