Chess Game Analyzer

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ferdy

Re: v39.13.beta

Post by Ferdy »

menniepals wrote:Question: I have problems with this analyzer. I unzipped it to a folder. Tried to run the .exe on the bin folder and then it crashes all the time.
It is a command line tool.

Run cmd on windows, change dir to the location of the game_analyzer exe file and type:

Code: Select all

game_analyzer_v39.13.beta.exe --file "mygames.pgn" --engine "Stockfish.exe" --movetime 500 --outfile "analyzed_games.pgn"
Make sure that the engine stockfish.exe, mygames.pgn and the game_analyzer_v39.13.beta.exe are on the same directory. The --movetime option with value 500 is the analysis time per position encountered in the game. 500 is in millisec or 0.5 sec.
In the pack there is a sample batch file, you can modify it instead of writing the command line in console, then run it.

Later I will issue a simple gui to drive this command line tool.

menniepals

Post by menniepals »

Salamat!
Ferdy

v39.14.beta

Post by Ferdy »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAOsu ... sp=sharing

Changes:

B. Changes:
v39.14.beta
1. Limit max complexity analysis time to 2 minutes or half of user-defined
   analysis time whichever is smaller.
2. When the position is complicated increase the engine analysis time
   proportional to the complixity of the positions. This was 3 x user-defined
   analysis time when move changes is greater 2.
3. When move is easy &#40;move_changes <= 0&#41; reduce the engine analysis time to 50%
   of the user-defined analysis time or 100ms whichever is bigger.
Readme:

Chess Game Analyzer v39.14.beta

In windows you can run the batch file runChessGameAnalyzer.bat and the
engine Deuterium.exe will analyze the sample_game.pgn.

The batch file contains a command line&#58;
chess_game_analyzer --file "sample_game.pgn" --engine "Deuterium.exe" --eoption "Hash value 128, Threads value 1" --movetime 500 --startmove 8 --outfile "analyzed_games.pgn"

To use stronger engine download stockfish 8 or any uci engine that supports
movetime, and multipv commands. Then replace Deuterium.exe in the command line.
--engine "Stockfish.exe"

To increase movetime per position from 500 millisec to 1 sec use,
--movetime 1000

For 5 sec use,
--movetime 5000

If you want the analysis to start at move 1 use,
--startmove 1

The output file analyzed_games.pgn is in append mode, meaning all
analyzed games will be saved here.
Notes:

IV. Release notes

1. Release date&#58; December 15, 2016
2. Files&#58; 
   a. game_analyzer_v39.14.beta.py
   b. chess_game_analyzer.exe
   c. runChessGameAnalyzer.bat
   d. LICENSE
   e. sample_game.pgn
   f. Deuterium.exe
   g. readme.txt
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Ferdy wrote:
menniepals wrote:Question: I have problems with this analyzer. I unzipped it to a folder. Tried to run the .exe on the bin folder and then it crashes all the time.

Run cmd on windows, change dir to the location of the game_analyzer exe file and type:

game_analyzer_v39.13.beta.exe --file "mygames.pgn" --engine "Stockfish.exe" --movetime 500 --outfile "analyzed_games.pgn"
Make sure that the engine stockfish.exe, mygames.pgn and the game_analyzer_v39.13.beta.exe are on the same directory. The --movetime option with value 500 is the analysis time per position encountered in the game. 500 is in millisec or 0.5 sec.
In the pack there is a sample batch file, you can modify it instead of writing the command line in console, then run it.

Hi Ferdinand,

When do you expect the simple GUI tool to be released?

Thanks
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Kirk wrote:
Ferdy wrote:

Hi Ferdinand,

Thanks
1 or 2 hours from now. Calibrating this red progress bar is taking me some time, so it would be an estimate :).

Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Kirk wrote:Hi Ferdinand,

Thanks
It is issued now here.

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 193#699193
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Ferdy wrote:
Kirk wrote:
Ferdy wrote:

Hi Ferdinand,

Thanks
1 or 2 hours from now. Calibrating this red progress bar is taking me some time, so it would be an estimate :).

Thanks!! :)
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Kirk wrote:1 or 2 hours from now. Calibrating this red progress bar is taking me some time, so it would be an estimate :).

In Time(sec)/pos, you can enter in decimal, say 0.5 sec or even 0.1.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Ferdy wrote:
Kirk wrote:1 or 2 hours from now. Calibrating this red progress bar is taking me some time, so it would be an estimate :).

In Time(sec)/pos, you can enter in decimal, say 0.5 sec or even 0.1.
Looking forward to trying this out! Thank you again :)
Arpad Rusz

Post by Arpad Rusz »

Nice tool! I have some feature requests... :oops:
- Ability to verify not only the game (main line) but also its analysis (variations). Would be useful for checking some endgame studies.
- Option for Backward analysis (probably that would provide a more reliable analysis)
That's all for now. Thanks! :wink: