Interesting redesigned "friend" mode in Fritz 15

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Interesting redesigned "friend" mode in Fritz 15

Post by Graham Banks »

Sounds like a useful feature.

I wonder how strong Fritz 15 will be.
Looks like we'll know before the end of the year.

The new Fritz 15 engine is destined to become one of the world’s strongest chess playing programs! The completely redesigned “friend” mode allows Fritz 15 to be your instant training partner. During the course of a game in “friend” mode, Fritz is able to constantly adjust its level to your playing strength and how much time you are using. The program can alert you when a tactical opportunity arises or point out typical mistakes to help improve your combinational vision. Another exciting feature of “friend” mode is the new evaluation function that analyzes your playing style throughout the game. Where are your strengths – where are your weaknesses? The opening? Middlegame? Or perhaps the endgame? Fritz 15 will give you an ELO rating for all three phases - an objective measure of your progress!
gbanksnz at gmail.com
FriedmannC

Re: Interesting redesigned "friend" mode in Fritz

Post by FriedmannC »

,,friend'' mode = Stockfish latest dev 8-)
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

Graham Banks wrote:Sounds like a useful feature.

The new Fritz 15 engine is destined to become one of the world’s strongest chess playing programs! The completely redesigned “friend” mode allows Fritz 15 to be your instant training partner. During the course of a game in “friend” mode, Fritz is able to constantly adjust its level to your playing strength and how much time you are using. The program can alert you when a tactical opportunity arises or point out typical mistakes to help improve your combinational vision. Another exciting feature of “friend” mode is the new evaluation function that analyzes your playing style throughout the game. Where are your strengths – where are your weaknesses? The opening? Middlegame? Or perhaps the endgame? Fritz 15 will give you an ELO rating for all three phases - an objective measure of your progress!
You forgot to mention your source:
http://www.chesscentral.com/fritz-15-be ... e-program/

This is so weird, we still don't see it being advertised on Chessbase's home page.
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
emadsen
Full name: Erik Madsen

Post by emadsen »

The completely redesigned “friend” mode allows Fritz 15 to be your instant training partner.
That's great. But it would be nice if the Fritz GUI properly supported UCI_LimitStrength and UCI_Elo with a simple ELO slider bar like the Shredder GUI uses. Fritz provides a way to adjust ELO but it only works with the internal branded engine (Fritz, Komodo, etc). You'd think if you load another UCI engine the slider bar would send UCI_LimitStrength and UCI_Elo commands to the engine. Nope.
My C# chess engine: https://www.madchess.net
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

What is the relevance of your commercial? I'm not waiting for this piece of crap.
― Tadros
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

Why is Mr. Graham Bank's post not deleted?
Is it not so that the moderators have the power to erase specific messages that violate the spirit of charter 4: "Are not flagrant commercial exhortations" [CCC's charter]

Mr. Graham Bank's post is a 'Copy and Paste' job from the commercial web-site: "http://www.chesscentral.com/fritz-15-be ... e-program/"
― Tadros
fern

Post by fern »

You see it as a flagrant violation, etc; I see it as info I had not and so useful to me for my purchase decisions. Neither are CB products pieces of crap.
If they were, CB would be dead long ago.
In any case Graham does not get a cent for telling us about that.
You have been rude and spited a misplaced reproach born from rage whose origin probably comes from your experiences with Fritz et all.

My experiences has been good regards
Fern
Leto

Post by Leto »

I don't play human chess anymore so I have no interest in the friend mode but one feature I'm very interested is the new author, Vasik Rajlich. I hope he can help Fritz get to the top of the rating lists, would make events like TCEC even more fun to watch.
fern

Post by fern »

I think the friend mode is useful no matter what or who the adversary is. Mistakes or missing moves are the same. And I believe it will be very funny.

We will see...

Fern
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

fern wrote:You see it as a flagrant violation, etc; I see it as info I had not and so useful to me for my purchase decisions. Neither are CB products pieces of crap.
If they were, CB would be dead long ago.
In any case Graham does not get a cent for telling us about that.
You have been rude and spited a misplaced reproach born from rage whose origin probably comes from your experiences with Fritz et all.

My experiences has been good regards
Fern
Have they told you lately that "http://www.chesscentral.com/fritz-15-be ... e-program/" is NOT ChessBase ? But comments like yours are what keep this forum going! Thanks :lol:
― Tadros