Dieepeven is OK

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Dieepeven is OK

Post by fern »

I had some contact trough mail with Vincent and he is ok. He has abandoned for good chess programing and is doing very interesting things in the field of robotics...
Perhaps Bob Hyatt could connect with him. I guess there are perhaps some common areas between what Bob does and what Vincent.
I do not know, but maybe...

Fern
supersharp77

Re: Dieepeven is OK

Post by supersharp77 »

fern wrote:I had some contact trough mail with Vincent and he is ok. He has abandoned for good chess programing and is doing very interesting things in the field of robotics...
Perhaps Bob Hyatt could connect with him. I guess there are perhaps some common areas between what Bob does and what Vincent.

Fern

Based on my observations of his chess programs/engines the man is brilliant
but I recall reading that someone accused him of copying someone elses chess ideas or something along those lines....doubtful he will be back anytime soon.....AR
fern

Post by fern »

I have had several mails these last couple of days from him and he says he was the guy stolen...
Yes, he is a genius I believe.

Fern
bob

Post by bob »

supersharp77 wrote:
fern wrote:I had some contact trough mail with Vincent and he is ok. He has abandoned for good chess programing and is doing very interesting things in the field of robotics...

Fern

but I recall reading that someone accused him of copying someone elses chess ideas or something along those lines....doubtful he will be back anytime soon.....AR
Don't recall that ever happening. He accused quite a few others of copying things over the years, however. He was the first to raise the Rybka / Fruit issue, for example.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

bob wrote:
supersharp77 wrote:

Fern

Don't recall that ever happening. He accused quite a few others of copying things over the years, however. He was the first to raise the Rybka / Fruit issue, for example.
I also don't remember Vincent ever being accused of copying.
jefk
Full name: Jef Kaan

Post by jefk »

[quote="fern"]I
Yes, he is a genius I believe. Fern[/quote]

also no comment, just like Lonnie Cook; as for
robotics, do you know the movie Ex Machina ? (2015)
:)

jef
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

jefk wrote:
fern wrote:I
Yes, he is a genius I believe. Fern

jef
I watched the movie 2 weeks ago....

It hold my attention from the very beginning till the end :D
Dr.D

P.S.:I watch movies mainly during my night shifts because it's mainly my my major free time zone and to keep me awaken.... :roll:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

bob wrote:
supersharp77 wrote:

Fern

So why did he suddenly stop creating chess engines? Anybody know? AR :)
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
jefk wrote:
fern wrote:I
Yes, he is a genius I believe. Fern

jef
I watched the movie 2 weeks ago....

It hold my attention from the very beginning till the end :D
Dr.D

P.S.:I watch movies mainly during my night shifts because it's mainly my my major free time zone and to keep me awaken.... :roll:
I watched Ex Machina when it first came out, it was a good movie.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
bob

Post by bob »

supersharp77 wrote:
bob wrote:
supersharp77 wrote:

Fern

So why did he suddenly stop creating chess engines? Anybody know? AR :)
I'm guessing he got tired of it. He worked on Diep for a long time..