Fritz 15 has a date...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Leto

Re: Fritz 15 has a date...

Post by Leto »

Nordlandia wrote:I'm looking forward to Fritz 15 :)

In case i want to install the GUI on multiple computers, DVD-Box is the best option or direct download?
Probably would be the same. If you have a fast connection probably best to do direct download.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Leto wrote:
Nordlandia wrote:I'm looking forward to Fritz 15 :)

In case i want to install the GUI on multiple computers, DVD-Box is the best option or direct download?
Probably would be the same. If you have a fast connection probably best to do direct download.
I always prefer the download version....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
stagehand

Post by stagehand »

One of the things I cannot understand is the pricing of Chessbase items.

The new Fritz 15 is coming in at £50. but is of course at the present time an untried engine, time will tell if it is up to the standard set by Komodo and Stockfish.
Yet still Chessbase are selling Houdini 4 standard for £55, Komodo 9 £55, however the old Deep Rybka 4 is going for £70?!
IWB

Post by IWB »

stagehand wrote:One of the things I cannot understand is the pricing of Chessbase items.

The new Fritz 15 is coming in at £50. but is of course at the present time an untried engine, time will tell if it is up to the standard set by Komodo and Stockfish.
Yet still Chessbase are selling Houdini 4 standard for £55, Komodo 9 £55, however the old Deep Rybka 4 is going for £70?!
DR4 is delivered with the old Fritz 12 GUI while Komodo and Houdini are packed with the "current" Fritz14 GUI.

For the new Fritz they lowerd the price, most likely to sell more. Sounds resonable to me ...
stagehand

Post by stagehand »

Well £70 for an Rybka 4 still seems a lot of money for a very old engine now.

I also wonder just how this new Fritz is going to be able to be judge against the other big three. No one runs any tests that have the Fritz engines entered as far as I'm aware
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

stagehand wrote:Well £70 for an Rybka 4 still seems a lot of money for a very old engine now.

I also wonder just how this new Fritz is going to be able to be judge against the other big three. No one runs any tests that have the Fritz engines entered as far as I'm aware
You mean Rybka 5 without the Rybka name. :shock:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Leto »

stagehand wrote:Well £70 for an Rybka 4 still seems a lot of money for a very old engine now.

I've tested Deep Fritz 14 8CPU for CEGT Blitz. After 600 games its rating is 3000, about as strong as Rybka 4 1CPU and Stockfish 3 1CPU.
IWB

Post by IWB »

No one* is bying old Rybka anymore, why bother changing prices ... I don't mind at all.
... and regarding tests I am sure there will be some test results as soon as the engine is available.

* and I am expecting some smart ... clever people to prove me wrong because one or two bought it recently
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

stagehand wrote:No one runs any tests that have the Fritz engines entered as far as I'm aware
Harvey Williamson revealed last week that it'll be a UCI engine.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Leto wrote:

I've tested Deep Fritz 14 8CPU for CEGT Blitz. After 600 games its rating is 3000, about as strong as Rybka 4 1CPU and Stockfish 3 1CPU.
Yes but Deep Fritz 14 is not really a Fritz chess engine exactly....

The last original Fritz Deep Fritz 13 which is my reference chess engine in my rating list regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….