Fritz 15.0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

schack

Re: Fritz 15.0

Post by schack »

The database and opening book have been updated in the Chessbase shop. The database now contains 2 million + games and the opening book is roughly the same size as the one that came with Fritz 14.
rcmaddox
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Post by rcmaddox »

schack wrote:The database and opening book have been updated in the Chessbase shop. The database now contains 2 million + games and the opening book is roughly the same size as the one that came with Fritz 14.
Thanks for the heads-up. Downloading now.
supersharp77

Re: Fritz 15.0 is Rybka 4.2?!?!

Post by supersharp77 »

Rebel wrote:
velmarin wrote:It seems to me fair Vasik Rajlich decides to continue with its work in Rybka.
But Fritz loses his personality.
Fritz 15 seems clearly a continuation of Rybka.

Pretty much what you may expect (the 63%) from an update.
MikeB wrote:
supersharp77 wrote:
MikeB wrote:
Dayffd wrote:This morning I finally got around to re-installing Deep Fritz 14. I understand Rybka 4 is supposed to be included. Is that correct?
The NEW Deep Fritz 15 which goes on sale Wednesday 11/25 will include Rybka as the main engine. Supposedly a slightly updated version of Rybka 4.1.

So you mean the new Deep Fritz 15 will include a new cb engine (created by Vas) and a updated Rybka 4.1 uci engine (Rybka v4.2?) is that right? AR
Sorry for adding to the confusion, Fritz 15 , has as its main chess engine , a UCI chess engine that is by Vas. It is that engine some are referring to to as Rybka, but officially, Chessbase is calling the engine Fritz 15 period. You can use the Fritz 15 engine in other GUI's or even on the Mac using wine. The UCI engine comes with both 64 and 32 bit flavors. There is no new cb engine , although other cb engines are included in the package - a few other earlier Fritz engines, Crafty 18.12 and a few more.
What a fascinating development! Vas back in the game........but if Fritz 15 is a uci engine and not chessbase then it is really Rybka 4.2...is that right?! AR :) :wink:
A Distel

Re: Fritz 15.0 is Rybka 4.2?!?!

Post by A Distel »

supersharp77 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
velmarin wrote:It seems to me fair Vasik Rajlich decides to continue with its work in Rybka.
But Fritz loses his personality.
Fritz 15 seems clearly a continuation of Rybka.

Pretty much what you may expect (the 63%) from an update.
MikeB wrote:
supersharp77 wrote:
MikeB wrote:
Dayffd wrote:This morning I finally got around to re-installing Deep Fritz 14. I understand Rybka 4 is supposed to be included. Is that correct?
The NEW Deep Fritz 15 which goes on sale Wednesday 11/25 will include Rybka as the main engine. Supposedly a slightly updated version of Rybka 4.1.

So you mean the new Deep Fritz 15 will include a new cb engine (created by Vas) and a updated Rybka 4.1 uci engine (Rybka v4.2?) is that right? AR
Sorry for adding to the confusion, Fritz 15 , has as its main chess engine , a UCI chess engine that is by Vas. It is that engine some are referring to to as Rybka, but officially, Chessbase is calling the engine Fritz 15 period. You can use the Fritz 15 engine in other GUI's or even on the Mac using wine. The UCI engine comes with both 64 and 32 bit flavors. There is no new cb engine , although other cb engines are included in the package - a few other earlier Fritz engines, Crafty 18.12 and a few more.
What a fascinating development! Vas back in the game........but if Fritz 15 is a uci engine and not chessbase then it is really Rybka 4.2...is that right?! AR :) :wink:
Some would call it plagarism. Right? :lol:

The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Leto wrote:
AdminX wrote:I am interested in learning more about these two points.

I never got my activation key so I can't use Fritz 15 engine but I can use the GUI.

I will try playing another game to see if it adapts.
I remember in Fritz 5 after it beat me it put on the screen," Isn;t this the best f^&*ing program you ever played?" I was like,what! and then I remember saying to myself, yeah it is and I started laughing.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

reflectionofpower wrote: I remember in Fritz 5 after it beat me it put on the screen, "Isn;t this the best f^&*ing program you ever played?" I was like,what! and then I remember saying to myself, yeah it is and I started laughing.
Image :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."