Chessbase 13 pane alignment question

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Caissas_Husband

Chessbase 13 pane alignment question

Post by Caissas_Husband »

I've been using Chessbase for some time now and have had this issue going back as far as at least Chessbase 9. I'm now using 13. Anyway, this is the problem. Unless there is some workaround or hidden hotkey trick, I don't know how to change the default pane docking strategy that Chessbase uses. I want to be able to have the board on the left, notation pane right top, and engine pane right bottom. This can be achieved by floating the panes, but it's very time consuming and tedious to have to keep undocking, resizing, and then moving a floating pane into a suitable position each time you want to run the engine in a certain position. When I double click on the floating pane to snap it into the grid, Chessbase stupidy wants to put it on the left, making it ridiculously huge, and shrink the board down to something around a square cm which is now sandwiched in the middle of the notation pane and the engine pane. Of course the panes can easily be resized. But it seems to be impossible to make the engine pane move to the right of the board and under the notation pane while sharing the same horizontal space as the notation pane.. Strangely enough, there are times where somehow I get the pane configuration I want, by accident, after unplugging the HDMI or something, but I don't know how this was done and can't seem to recreate the process.
Ferdy

Re: Chessbase 13 pane alignment question

Post by Ferdy »

I use cb12 perhaps it is the same as cb13. Use the pick, drag and drop method.
Pick the top of the pane you want to move by left-clicking it, hold it
then drag to a location you want. Some direction arrows will appear and you can point the mouse pointer to those, then drop it if you like.
You can then save the layout by going to view menu.
Mithu

Re: Chessbase 13 pane alignment question

Post by Mithu »

Do you see these controls when you drag any window (as seen below I have dragged the kibitzer window) -

You must (while dragging your windows) wait for the place holder icons to show you where you would like to place them, and then let go of the mouse so that the window would fit/set in the chosen place.