Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

cetormenter

Re: Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it

Post by cetormenter »

Merry Christmas to all!
michiguel wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Hope you all get some time off to spend with your family and loved ones. :)
Merry Christmas Graham!

Do you celebrate with Fireworks?

Miguel
PS: For the geographically challenged, it is summer in the southern hemisphere :-)
It is also Summer is parts of the northern hemisphere as well. It is supposed to be closed to 28C tomorrow! The trees are starting to bloom again.
APassionForCriminalJustic

Post by APassionForCriminalJustic »

bob wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Hope you all get some time off to spend with your family and loved ones. :)
Glad to see someone get it right every now and then. :) I just turned down an invitation from an assistant dean here for a "holiday party". Told her "I often attended Christmas parties this time of year, but I do NOT attend 'Holiday Parties'".

She gave me the "we have to respect everyone's religion." My response was "and they have to respect ours." I don't mind some celebrating Hanukkah, some celebrating this, some celebrating that. I don't mind the British celebrating boxing day for goodness sakes. But _I_ celebrate Christmas on December 25, as I have done for 67 times now.. :)

And for the record, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good 'knight'"...
Man, I love your post. All of this stupid Happy Holiday crap is annoying. What the hell is a holiday (holidays can be anything; yet signify nothing)? All of this politically correct bull is outright dumb. Good job turning down the HOLIDAY invite. Hahaha.

As correctly stated, Merry Christmas to all!
JoshPettus

Post by JoshPettus »

Merry Christmas Everyone! :D
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Merry Christmas Everyone !
beram

Post by beram »

Merry christmas to all of you
Hood

Post by Hood »

Merry Christmas.

"God is born
Power is down."

Love and Peace
to all Being.

Rgds Hood
Polish National tragedy in Smoleńsk. President and all delegation murdered or killed.
Cui bono ?

There are not bugs free programs.
There are programs with undiscovered bugs.

Ashes to ashes dust to dust. Alleluia.
gbtami

Post by gbtami »

Merry Christmas!
Evert

Post by Evert »

APassionForCriminalJustic wrote: Man, I love your post. All of this stupid Happy Holiday crap is annoying. What the hell is a holiday (holidays can be anything; yet signify nothing)? All of this politically correct bull is outright dumb. Good job turning down the HOLIDAY invite. Hahaha.

As correctly stated, Merry Christmas to all!
Must be a cultural thing.

"Vrolijk kerstfeest" to me means "enjoy the 1-3 days people dedicate to celebrating christmas", "fijne feestdagen" roughly means "enjoy the period starting at christmas and ending at new year".
Manza

Post by Manza »

Merry Christmas and health for all!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
If your problem has a solution then...why worry about it? If your problem doesn’t have solution then...why worry about it?
Norm Pollock

Post by Norm Pollock »

bob wrote:
Glad to see someone get it right every now and then. :) I just turned down an invitation from an assistant dean here for a "holiday party". Told her "I often attended Christmas parties this time of year, but I do NOT attend 'Holiday Parties'".

She gave me the "we have to respect everyone's religion." My response was "and they have to respect ours." I don't mind some celebrating Hanukkah, some celebrating this, some celebrating that. I don't mind the British celebrating boxing day for goodness sakes. But _I_ celebrate Christmas on December 25, as I have done for 67 times now.. :)

And for the record, "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good 'knight'"...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

To Bob,

If you check American History you will note that "Christmas", besides being an important Holy Day for Christians, is also a US Federal Holiday, signed into law by President Grant in 1870. So at least in the USA, it is both a "Holiday" and a "Holy Day".

And prior to it becoming a Federal "Holiday", it was declared a State "Holiday" in several Southern states. Guess which southern State was the first to declare Christmas a State "Holiday" in 1836! You're right. It was your own home State - Alabama.

No doubt if it was declared a State or Federal "Holy Day", it would have been declared unconstitutional.

You can look it up here:

http://www.fightingpatriot.com/christma ... erica.html

Of course you have the right to decline an invitation to a "Holiday" party if you wish. especiially if you feel you are offended, that is your prerogative.

"'twas the night before Christmas, when all the through the house, not a creature was clicking, not even a mouse ..."