Crafty 25.0 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Re: Crafty 25.0 Release

Post by supersharp77 »

Charly wrote:Many thanks to Dr. Robert Hyatt for the long term work since years on Crafty which is always a must have ! :D

Many Thanks to Daniel José for the compils also ! 8-)

Thank You Dr Hyatt...Thanks Daniel Jose.....Shout out to Ruxy Frank Q and Werner And Roger B. and Franz H. Happy Holidays!!

Pausing World KO Tourney III to test Crafty 25.0 !!! lmao!!! :) :wink:
Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: Crafty 25.0 Release (Fine 70 problem?)

Post by Jim Ablett »

Hi Bob,

I didn't fix anything. Just compiled as I always do for Windows with my old retro software :-) - Intel compiler 12 + MSVC 2008 host.

Jim.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Jim Ablett wrote:Hi Bob,

I didn't fix anything. Just compiled as I always do for Windows with my old retro software :-) - Intel compiler 12 + MSVC 2008 host.

Jim.
Hi Jim,

the non-popcount exe doesn't recognise the rc file under ChessGUI.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Graham Banks wrote:

Jim.
Hi Jim,

If you run Crafty's BENCH command it does recognise the rc file though.
Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Graham Banks wrote:

Jim.
Hi Jim,

Hi Graham,

that's odd seeing as it reads the file on the command line and in other chess interfaces. I'll see if I can replicate the problem and see what's going on.

Jim.
bob

Post by bob »

Jim.
I understand. It seems that the newer Microsoft compiler has some sort of an issue with something inside Crafty...
bob

Post by bob »

Jim Ablett wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Jim.
Hi Jim,

Hi Graham,

that's odd seeing as it reads the file on the command line and in other chess interfaces. I'll see if I can replicate the problem and see what's going on.

Jim.
Does chessgui change to some other directory before it exec's the engine? That would do it.

Crafty looks in the current directory and in the home directory and then current directory for unix, for windows I think it only looks in the current directory.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

bob wrote:
Jim Ablett wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Jim.
Hi Jim,

Hi Graham,

Jim.
Does chessgui change to some other directory before it exec's the engine? That would do it.

Crafty looks in the current directory and in the home directory and then current directory for unix, for windows I think it only looks in the current directory.
Every other version of Crafty has worked under ChessGUI.
It normally recognises the rc file as the configuration file and will even save changes to the notepad copy.
It recognises the rc file that Daniel Jose provided.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Jim Ablett wrote:Just updated my Crafty builds to latest version 25.0. You can get them here >

http://jimablett.net63.net/

Jim..
Thanks Jim!

I see the old 1 cpus is back...

:-)

Later.
bob

Post by bob »

Graham Banks wrote:
bob wrote:
Jim Ablett wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:

Jim.
Hi Jim,

Hi Graham,

Jim.

Every other version of Crafty has worked under ChessGUI.
It normally recognises the rc file as the configuration file and will even save changes to the notepad copy.
It recognises the rc file that Daniel Jose provided.
I know of absolutely no changes dealing with the crafty.rc file, compared to 24.0 and 24.1 and earlier. Absolutely no idea what is going on. I have exhaustively tested with my cluster referee program and with xboard. Not a hiccup in millions of games. What's up with windows, suddenly, I have no idea. If it gives you problems, obviously don't worry with it in your testing, assuming you use windows rather than Linux...

I assume we can eventually figure out what is up. I suppose I can try to cobble together a (gag) windows machine to test on...