Crafty chess engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Krzysztof Grzelak

Crafty chess engine

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I have a question as to the engine Crafty. Please write as someone knows or whether to set the engine for the tournament you need to use the ini file.
If so, you can ask to write how to configure it for the tournament and where to download the same file ini. I 25.0.1 versions of 64-bit. The engine will be used in the Chess GUI. Thank you for any help in advance.
bob

Re: Crafty chess engine

Post by bob »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:I have a question as to the engine Crafty. Please write as someone knows or whether to set the engine for the tournament you need to use the ini file.
If so, you can ask to write how to configure it for the tournament and where to download the same file ini. I 25.0.1 versions of 64-bit. The engine will be used in the Chess GUI. Thank you for any help in advance.
You only need to add a couple of lines to the .craftyrc (linux) or crafty.rc (windows) file:

hash=xxxxM to set the size of hash. Must be a perfect power of 2 or it will round down to the next lower power.

hashp=32M or something similar to set the pawn hash
hashe=32M or something similar to set the eval hash
mt=N to set the number of threads you want to use. If you want to use just one, you can omit this line since 1 is the default.

Other than those, nothing else needs to be set.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:I have a question as to the engine Crafty. Please write as someone knows or whether to set the engine for the tournament you need to use the ini file.
Here is my rc file set to use 1 core ponder off.

egtb
#adaptive 750K 24M 192M 24M 48M
tbpath=C:\Tablebases
cache=32M
ponder off
# mode=tournament # (for use use with ponder on)
swindle on # (Allows Crafty to try to win drawn games (according to Endgame Tables))
learn 0 # (default)
book random 1 # (default)
bookw freq 0.7
bookw ratio 0.8
bookw eval 0.6
bookw learn 0
bookw cap 0.5
book width 4
book off #(default = book on)
show book
log=off
#mt=2 # (Increases Crafty's MaxThreads to 2 for a dual CPU computer )
smpnice=1 # (Make Crafty not use cpu on opponents time)
timebook 80 8 # (Makes crafty use a lot more time on the first 8 moves out of book)
#adaptive NPS a
hash=128M
hashp=128M
exit
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Krzysztof Grzelak

We would like to thank Mr. Robert.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Graham I'm such a request. I have trouble finding the file in the program. Can you send me the file, I will be very grateful. Can I ask you about the configuration of this file.

Here is my rc file set to use 4 core ponder off.

tbpath=D:\Namilov
cache =128
ponder=off
hash=1024 MB
hashp=1024 MB

Be still as you can select what WB during the installation of the engine. Is WB1 and WB 2.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:Graham I'm such a request. I have trouble finding the file in the program. Can you send me the file, I will be very grateful. Can I ask you about the configuration of this file.

cache =128
ponder=off
hash=1024 MB
hashp=1024 MB

Be still as you can select what WB during the installation of the engine. Is WB1 and WB 2.
http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=36832

I would have these in my rc file for 4CPU ponder off:

mt=4
smpnice=1
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Krzysztof Grzelak

Thank you Graham. I downloaded the latest version downloaded unless bad versions, without the file rc. Graham did not know where to download the latest version 25.0.1 but with the file rc.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:Graham I'm such a request. I have trouble finding the file in the program. Can you send me the file, I will be very grateful. Can I ask you about the configuration of this file.

cache =128
ponder=off
hash=1024 MB
hashp=1024 MB

Pawn hash 1024Mb is an unnecessary huge overkill. Perhaps try ratio 1:8 to normal hash or even less.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Guenther wrote:Pawn hash 1024Mb is an unnecessary huge overkill. Perhaps try ratio 1:8 to normal hash or even less.
I did 32M.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Graham Banks wrote:http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=36832

I would have these in my rc file for 4CPU ponder off:

mt=4
smpnice=1
Thank you and I have a question Graham. Is the program Chess Gui will show You TBs during the game.