SmarThink v1.90 is available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Sergei S. Markoff
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Sergei S. Markoff » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 pm

SmarThink v1.90 — March 2016 release of the engine. Major changes:

— additional endgame patterns recognition;
— improved beta pruning for depth = 1 nodes;
— fixed bug in "semi-interior node" recognition;
— better check evasions ordering;
— several optimizations including combined middlegame/endgame int eval vector;
— further eval tuning;
— development patterns handling.

Estimated ELO gain: +30-40.

http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

Image
The Force Be With You!

Damir
Posts: 2400
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Denmark
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Damir » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks Sergei. :) When are you going to implement SMP ? :o

Sergei S. Markoff
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Sergei S. Markoff » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:51 pm

Damir wrote:Thanks Sergei. :) When are you going to implement SMP ? :o
It is the common and forever question)
At practice, current SmarThink data structures are ready for SMP, moreover in eval tuning mode it is SMP. But the final step — to implement something like YBW or Jamboree is still too stressing for me. I hope I will have enought courage to make it in 2.00 :)
The Force Be With You!

overlord
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Trinec, Czech Republic

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by overlord » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:33 pm

I can´t load an engine inside Fritz 13 and 14 GUI.

mar
Posts: 2152
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by mar » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Sergei S. Markoff wrote:But the final step — to implement something like YBW or Jamboree is still too stressing for me. I hope I will have enought courage to make it in 2.00 :)
Just try lazy SMP, it works well (contrary to what people say), even SF people switched from YBW to lazy some time ago :)

Sergei S. Markoff
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:27 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Sergei S. Markoff » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:53 pm

overlord wrote:I can´t load an engine inside Fritz 13 and 14 GUI.
Are you ok with previous version?..
I have Fritz14 GUI and it works well with ST. Have you tried to simply run engine executable?
The Force Be With You!

Ralf Müller
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Ralf Müller » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:08 pm

libiomp5md.dll is needed.

PS: With the installed DLL-File I now can load the engine, but it doesn't run (also Fritz GUI).

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34375
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Graham Banks » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:55 pm

Sergei S. Markoff wrote:SmarThink v1.90 — March 2016 release of the engine. Major changes:

— additional endgame patterns recognition;
— improved beta pruning for depth = 1 nodes;
— fixed bug in "semi-interior node" recognition;
— better check evasions ordering;
— several optimizations including combined middlegame/endgame int eval vector;
— further eval tuning;
— development patterns handling.

Estimated ELO gain: +30-40.

http://genes1s.net/smarthink.php

Image
Sounds like nice progress Sergei. Thanks for your efforts. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com

Werewolf
Posts: 1304
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Werewolf » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Ralf Müller wrote:libiomp5md.dll is needed.

PS: With the installed DLL-File I now can load the engine, but it doesn't run (also Fritz GUI).
I always get this problem with SmarThink - it never runs in Fritz.

:(

Ralf Müller
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: SmarThink v1.90 is available

Post by Ralf Müller » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:11 pm

Strangely with Fritz-8-GUI, everything is fine for me. With Fritz-7-GUI not.

Post Reply