Last Hiarcs Explorer, 1.9

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Last Hiarcs Explorer, 1.9

Post by fern »

I have been very pleased with this last update of Hiarcs explorer. I do not use to commend commercial products here in order to avoid be blamed as a marketing representative, but, hey, I consider these ocasiones less as a publicity action that as info for anyone that could be interested.
Beyond the strength of the thing, which is these days a MUST and almost usual feature of any known engine, the database aspect is worth at lest a try by those pals here that are serious about this. I am not, I just play the machines, but even with that limited goal I have enjoyed enormously this program.
As I wrote years ago about a 4 or 5 past versions of Hiarcs, is lot more exhilarating being defeated by this program than by other perhaps equally strong., but dumbs, boring, mechanical in the worst sense of the word. Against H. you virtually play sitting on the tip of the chairs, such are his brutal and daring attacks.
Hiarcs is with old CSTAl my favorite way of playing these things.
styx

Re: Last Hiarcs Explorer, 1.9

Post by styx »

What exactly are you talking about: you mainly like the HIARCS engine, right? Do you play it at full strength or do you talk about the weak levels that are fun to play against?
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

styx wrote:What exactly are you talking about ?
You can say that again ! :lol:
His Posts are always a Mystery to me ! :P
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

styx wrote:What exactly are you talking about: you mainly like the HIARCS engine, right? Do you play it at full strength or do you talk about the weak levels that are fun to play against?
His marketing is a hangover and he like to look nice, but there are not that many people who fit that description.
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros