Cute Chess 0.9.3 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ilari

Cute Chess 0.9.3 released

Post by ilari »

I've made a new release of the Cute Chess GUI for 64-bit Windows and Linux: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /gui-0.9.3

Lots of fixes (even major fixes) and small improvements. I have also created issues about the feedback I've had here but I won't implement major new features before we have a stable 1.0. Small features and improvements like allowing a human player to keep playing after running out of time have been and will be implemented even before 1.0.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Re: Cute Chess 0.9.3 released

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Thank you for the new version.
Krzysztof Grzelak

I installed and, unfortunately, nothing new is not what I asked.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:I installed and, unfortunately, nothing new is not what I asked.
That's true. If I had to implement every feature request before releasing the next version, I would never get to release anything. At this stage I'm just trying to make things as stable as possible by making quick patch releases when needed.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

If this was XBoard you would not see new features until 0.10.0...
Krzysztof Grzelak

ilari wrote:That's true. If I had to implement every feature request before releasing the next version, I would never get to release anything. At this stage I'm just trying to make things as stable as possible by making quick patch release
s when needed.
Sorry you made at the beginning of letting go of one program
very serious mistake.

1. All tournaments have you done but the Swiss system is not.
2. About tablebase also sadly forgotten and it is not known whether they are running during the game.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:
ilari wrote:That's true. If I had to implement every feature request before releasing the next version, I would never get to release anything. At this stage I'm just trying to make things as stable as possible by making quick patch release
s when needed.
Sorry you made at the beginning of letting go of one program
very serious mistake.

1. All tournaments have you done but the Swiss system is not.
2. About tablebase also sadly forgotten and it is not known whether they are running during the game.
I agree that tablebase hits should be shown in the evaluation output. Swiss pairing is a bigger feature and will be implemented later. This is just a hobby so I get to set my own priorities.
Krzysztof Grzelak

ilari wrote:I agree that tablebase hits should be shown in the evaluation output. Swiss pairing is a bigger feature and will be implemented later. This is just a hobby so I get to set my own priorities.
That I'm waiting for these two options. Just please You that it was not for a year, much earlier.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

ilari wrote:I've made a new release of the Cute Chess GUI for 64-bit Windows and Linux: https://github.com/cutechess/cutechess/ ... /gui-0.9.3

Lots of fixes (even major fixes) and small improvements. I have also created issues about the feedback I've had here but I won't implement major new features before we have a stable 1.0. Small features and improvements like allowing a human player to keep playing after running out of time have been and will be implemented even before 1.0.
Thanks, unfortunately I am running a 12 game match at TC 1hr + 10s inc with the old version.

Can I install it in another dir?, Is there an option in the setup? Could there be no problem when there are more than 1 version of Cute Chess installed?
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:
ilari wrote:I agree that tablebase hits should be shown in the evaluation output. Swiss pairing is a bigger feature and will be implemented later. This is just a hobby so I get to set my own priorities.
That I'm waiting for these two options. Just please You that it was not for a year, much earlier.
Swiss pairings isn't something you can code at a weekend, so be patient :)